Coast to Coast Whitehaven - Sunderland (Roker)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robbo891

Completed this route this weekend (Fri & Sat) following the official c2c route and would just like to say how enjoyable it was. It was not a trip to break any records but one to just take in the scenery, chat with locals and other riders and to just have some fun.

We did it in 2 days with a stay in alston (cumberland inn). We had a dinner stop at the filling station keswick and one in a tearoom at beamish and cant recommend these places enough!

The weather was spot on too so we got real lucky. I have a fair bit of sun burn.

The ride itself was easy on day 1 ending with a climb up hartside pass which was tough but i nailed it which was odd. I swear i wasnt on performance enhancing drugs lol.

Day 2 was tougher, the morning sections were climb after climb then it was downhill all the way just after stanhope.

only suffering to report is a little sun burn and a sore backside which still hurts now lol

give this one a go. Youll love it!

Hyslop

Veteran
You cant leave it like that,for goodness sake-where on earth did you get sunburn in this part of the world?Your public need to know.Oh,by the way,well done!

Top Bottom