Cold, achey, sweaty.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
but happy :biggrin:

First commute in nearly six weeks after my accident and I loved it.

My arm ached a bit on the rougher surfaces but was easy to ignore as I flew past the traffic (I didn't really fly, I was taking it easy :tongue:).

I'm sure I've put on more than a little bit of weight in the last 6 weeks, and my fitness has dropped incredibly :tongue:

When did it get so cold? Last time I was on the bike I was in shorts and S/S jersey.

Now I need to go and buy some overshoes before my toes fall off :biggrin:

Nice one;), I hate the cold toes and fingers stuff:smile:

knonist

Toes were ok for me, but my fingers read 14.5°C when I got to work this morning!
I'm not evern breathless after 10miles of froggy ride, but my fingers could be the only reason for me to stop cycleing in the winter!

I have for some thinsulate waterproof gloves already, but they seems to keep my fingers cold rather then warm!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
knonist said:
Toes were ok for me, but my fingers read 14.5°C when I got to work this morning!
I'm not evern breathless after 10miles of froggy ride, but my fingers could be the only reason for me to stop cycleing in the winter!

I have for some thinsulate waterproof gloves already, but they seems to keep my fingers cold rather then warm!

Take a look at these

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
knonist said:

I have SealSkinz socks which have the unique ability to let water in, then keep it permanently trapped in the sock.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
HobbesChoice said:
Excellent idea with the battery powered heat - but are you on commission Jonny? :blush:

There are even battery powered heating socks and hats now!

Honestly not...although now you mention it.....;)

Actually, I've read a few reviews of these now and they don't seem to stand up as well as you might think

For the Motor bikers amongst us (sorry , I know this is CYCLE chat) there are good sets of world class heated gear made (hand made) by berings, but they run off the ignition and engine of a motorcycle . So us cyclists (see what I did there!!) need to rely on battery power...which seems to be the weakness with all of this tech I'm afraid...they are all a bit "weedy" on the heat front and poorly made to withstand sports.

I'll keep looking

rh100

upsidedown said:
I have SealSkinz socks which have the unique ability to let water in, then keep it permanently trapped in the sock.

Turn them inside out?

I've got a pair of Aldi's finest biking gloves (they even say 'biking' on them ;) ) - doing OK so far. Can't say I'm really noticing the cold yet though (not that bad anyway).

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
rh100 said:
Can't say I'm really noticing the cold yet though (not that bad anyway).

You what.... I froze today ... I had on so many layers ... 6!!! and 2 pairs of gloves and 2 pairs of socks and fleece lined boots!

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
You can now add wet to that list

But still happy ;)

Stupid thing is that I bought Endura overshoes on Tuesday to keep my feet warm and dry, which they do.

But as I was getting ready to leave work, decided not to wear them as it wasn't that cold and it hadn't started raining.

Half a mile from work and the rain comes but I couldn't be bothered to stop and put them on.

So I got home soaking wet, but at least my overshoes were nice and dry in my bag :blush:

Top Bottom