cold feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donkey

Hi, has anyone got some good ways of keeping your feet warm in these cold winter days whilst riding.I wear over shoes and marino wool socks but my feet are freezing after a couple of hours which is a nuisance as i have a 5 hour audax in a couple of weeks and i dont know how im going to cope.Any ideas please.:tongue:

mr Mag00

rising member
use an old pair of socks over the shoe but under the over shoes, if you get me! another layer always helps. 2 thin shocks in your shoes too

OP
OP
D

donkey

I have tried the two pair of socks thing and didnt seem to work for me.I like the tights idea i will have to find a way of getting a pair from the wife without arousing suspicions.Ill try the old socks over the shoe and under the overshoes tomorrow.Thanks for the ideas keep em coming.

ASC1951

Guru
Don't have your shoes too tight. You need room to wiggle your toes.

Tow pairs of thin socks are better than one pair of thick ones, IME, and keeping the wind off is the main thing.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
if 2 pairs of socks is making your shoes feel tight then you are losing the air insulation layer and making things worse. you are suppose to be trapping air in and warming it up. if you have no air in between the layers then the heat will be lost quickly, ergo cold feet.

MrRidley

gaz said:
two pairs of socks, and overshoes for me.

+1

jimheaney57

Not sure if I heard it here or somewhere else but apparently if you put cling film over the inner pair of socks I makes a big difference. I haven't tried this yet but I intend to the next time I manage to get out.

OP
OP
D

donkey

Thanks for all the replies i was hoping to try one today but the snow has covered the place again and put a stop to any riding.:biggrin:

spence

Über Member
Officically have the coldest feet..... I understand your pain.

As stated two pairs of socks, first a thin coolmax pair to wick then a high warmth rated mointain sock (ie Bridgedale). A pair of shoes or preferasbly winter boots two sizes up on your normal (44 to 46) then a some overshoes. Seems to be working for me at the moment.

Top Bottom