Cold week ahead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Looks like we're in for some proper winter weather later next week. Only 3 or 4 months of this to go! This from the Met Office Site....

UK Outlook for Wednesday 24 Nov 2010 to Friday 3 Dec 2010:
The period will begin cold, with many central and western areas having some bright or sunny spells. Wintry showers will affect eastern areas, particularly along the coast but these will extend inland at times. The showers will start turning to snow even at lower levels at times. During the first weekend, there is a risk of more widespread sleet and snow for a time, with the possibility of some significant accumulations in places. The cold or very cold conditions are likely to continue into the second week, with widespread overnight frosts and the risk of icy surfaces. There is a chance as we move into December that southern and southwestern parts will become more unsettled as rain, sleet and snow try to push up from the south.

Brrrr...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
*Extremely sceptical of forecasts that are more than 12 hours ahead*.

mgarl10024

Über Member
Brrrr.

One thing I do like about this cold weather is when arriving at a destination. I pull up at work, get off the bike, then remove my hi-viz jacket. However, the heat/sweat built up in the jacket starts steaming when in contact with the cold air.

I think it looks impressive myself. Maybe with a little dry-ice I can get closer to this.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
My head steams at traffic lights, which is a bit embarassing, I had a slight frost on my cuffs and gloves after an hour on Tuesday morning.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yay.........snow..............

Believe it when I see it !

If it's nice and cold, the off road route to work will be frozen and dry, rather than a mud bog.

It is winter you know - supposed to be cold !

BSRU

A Human Being
Oh good snow, almost time to fire up the BBQ and add a knotted hankie to the T-shirt / shorts and flip flops apparel (Tough us Geordie folk you know) :biggrin:

We always have our BBQ's in the winter, far better when it is cold plus an excuse to drink Russian Standard vodka.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
BRING IT ON :biggrin:

trickletreat

Veteran
It's not going to snow as I have bought a winter tyre, to make doubly sure I will fit it
biggrin.gif

ThePainInSpain

Can't believe you guys, how on earth can you stand that cold.

I have been to the Costa today (we live about 20kms inland) on my motor scooter (I know, but a bit far for the MTB).
I had a thermal base layer+sweat shirt+padded top coat, zipped to the chin+scarf. And below, skids+thermal ski long johns+thick cargo trousers+wooly socks. Full face helmet, leather fleece lined gloves.

The reason for all of this Arctic gear..................................it was only 15c when I left and stlll only 23c later on the coast.........:blush:

We are visiting the UK for 3 days in January.............cannot see how I am going to cope. :sad:

taxing

My mates were laughing yesterday at my solution to cold hands. I wear a pair of black leather gloves, then on top of those some grey mohair fingerless gloves with a mitten flap attached. When the mitten bit is pulled back it looks like I have gorilla hands.

Top Bottom