Cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Had to happen - first 'cold' commute this winter. Fair bit of frost about, so took it easy on the road bike. Dug out the thermal top so was nice and toasty. MTB tomorrow if still this cold. Need the road bike today as I'm off to another site, and additional miles on studs aren't my first choice.

Leaky drain near the Audi dealers at the Pyramid in Stockport, so that's gonna be lethal round there when it get's colder.

Ears are still defrosting !

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If I can pluck up the courage I am about to head up to the Snake Pass summit. I bet it's cold up there, I will probably come back earless (what?)

400bhp

Guru
No frost here. Are you sure you are in Manc?

Been cold for a few weeks now-had aldi jacket on for last 3 weeks IIRC...

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Frost on the back roads around Mottram St Andrew this morning. Not too bad in Wilmslow or Macc though. BBC have removed their prediction for sleet at home time this afternoon which is good as I am on 23's and don't fancy that.

Hicky

Guru
Rode in from Rochdale this morning, wasnt too cold......however first time on new bike for the commute and the seat was too low and no tools meant the thighs were that warm(read on fire!) I could have been melting everything before I reached it.
No cloud cover tonight means tomorrow morning will be :cold:....depending which weather channel you watch.
Is the Aldi windproof much kop guys?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Intermittent frost patches on the way in this morning. I'd taken the decision to go down the cycle path, as there was no frost on the front lawn, and regretted it at various points on my commute. My heart certainly got a good work-out when wheels started going in directions other than forwards.:sweat:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Weeeeeeee...... that was fun. Bike is washed and leaning near a radiator in the dining room now. The roads were visibly quite heavily gritted (hence washing the bike upon my return) and plenty of ice in the gutter as I climbed out of Glossop. The little pond at the summit was ¾ covered with a crust of ice and hailstone, it was pretty nippy up there so just took time to have a quick skate on the puddles then a drink and back down against the wind.

Distance = 22.7 miles. Riding time = 1h 35m. Av = 14.4 and max speed 45.4mph but I was fighting the wind and watching out for icy patches so had to take it easy :whistle:

Never mind, you don't need ears to post on CycleChat.^_^
Did someone say something?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Do you mean the £16 one? If so that's plenty warm enough for me (with one or two underlayers).

Yep - mine is from a couple of winters ago. Softshell, with winproof front and front of arms. Works well with a single base layer upto about freezing - then either another base, or I switch to my Decathlon top which is very warm (used it in the -15 in Jan 2010)

Top Bottom