Come on then: which films make you cry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The last twenty minutes of Lord of the Rings do it for me every time and the end of It's A Wonderful Life too.

Incidentally if somebody said that Cate Blanchett really was an elven princess in real life, I'd probably believe them as she turns in a quite mesmerising performance.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
My wedding video ... every time I've watched it I've cried "WHY!! oh WHY!! oh WHY!!" :cry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Every minute of Lord of the Rings does it for me - that is until I'm finally shown mercy and allowed to press the Stop button! :wacko: My stepdaughter really got into it and tried to persuade me to endure the extended edition of the trilogy in one sitting! I got through the first one and about 5 minutes into the second, then I gave up and fled ...

I have a soft spot for The Shawshank Redemption.

I always find the end of Last of the Mohicans strangely moving too (watched that again a few days ago and got a lump in my throat at the end)!

paulw1969

Ridley rider
The green mile.....only seen it once....avoided since....and yes the end of Lord of the Rings is choking (everytime i have watched it) due to the excellent acting in my view.
Shawshank redemption utter brilliance and a film i can watch again and again....i'm sure there are others but they are not springing to mind at the minute

PS. And Alien 4...cos its utter utter crap.....the new Ridley Scott Prometheus is out this year.....looks good for those Alien fans

Maz

Guru
Good choices by ColinJ, they make well up too.

Another one that does it for me (believe it or not) is the last 20 minutes or so of Escape to Victory (Allies v Nazis). The slow motion sequences, Pelé's overhead goal, the fact that the Allies are playing to win much more than a football game, and the secret admiration that Von Steiner (Max Von Sydow) has for the skill and courage of the Allies.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The green mile.....only seen it once....avoided since....

That made me cry too - I was so upset about the complete waste of talent and money.

Lots of films make me cry properly. The one that immediately springs to mind is Il y a longtemps que je t'aime (I've Loved You So Long).

Top Bottom