Come on then who was it?

pclay

Über Member
@Willd as another Rugby resident, I can say it wasn't me!

AuroraSaab

Über Member
I never understand why things like this are joked about online - it's a very serious occurrence and likely a very traumatic experience for the woman.

These types of behaviour nearly always escalate in nature.
I was about to post the same. Some blokes have no idea what life is like as a woman or girl, even in 'civilised' countries like the UK. Until it happens to your daughter or mum, I expect, then it's not so funny.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I never understand why things like this are joked about online - it's a very serious occurrence and likely a very traumatic experience for the woman.

These types of behaviour nearly always escalate in nature.
Fair point, well made....

AuroraSaab

Über Member
Here you go, fellas. Here's a few more cycling related sexual assaults to laugh about:

"Rapist on a bike faces jail"
https://courtnewsuk.co.uk/rapist-on-a-bike-faces-jail/

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/...e-cyclist-allegations-sexual-assault-swanley/

https://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2...mage-of-cyclist-suspected-of-sexual-assaults/

Why do you think so little of girls and women that you think sexual assault is a subject for a jokey thread on a public forum? Would it still be funny if the victim was a child? Presumably so.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I was about to post the same. Some blokes have no idea what life is like as a woman or girl, even in 'civilised' countries like the UK. Until it happens to your daughter or mum, I expect, then it's not so funny.
I don't think a lot of 'em want to know tbh.

You talk about it, they'll change the subject.

Or in cases like this make puerile jokes.

Many women on the 'female only' outdoors-going sites, that I frequent, talk about being afraid of going out alone because of their fear of 'dangerous men'.

Those of us who do go out by ourselves fairly regularly, have to spend quite a lot of time reassuring them that the risk of harm being done to them is really very low.

Although it's clearly not unheard of.

Why should we have our freedoms, curtailed by a few @rshols who can't behave like decent humans ??

Is it because its rarely ever a problem for guys, so they can just ignore it, or even make jokes about it??

So often it has to be pitched as 'relatable' to someone they know (mother, sister, daughter, partner) before the negative impact even remotely hits home.

Why should we have to live with these various states of fear, nervousness, taking precautions, or watching our step all the time, when we're not the ones being out of order??

Well it wasn't me I would have done it in the nude :laugh:
Ha ha ha..

How very droll.

Three female friends of mine were peacefully enjoying our local naturist beach, only a few weeks back, when they were approached by a 'gentleman' asking if they would like to witness him 'pleasuring' himself.

They rather politely declined..

Personally I'd have been chucking rocks at him - verbally if not in reality.

Please will you sort yourselves, and the attitude your wayward brethren out guys.

It really is long overdue.

To say we're heartily sick of having our freedom to go about our business restricted, through no fault of our own, is an understatement to say the least.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Let's hope that somebody recognises the creep from the photos, and he gets prosecuted.
Well yes let's hope so.

But consequences, after the fact means that yet another woman, her associates, and many others, will now feel a bit less happy about being out alone.

This kind of thing happens because some men get off on scaring, or assaulting women.

Some of their feelings of 'entitlement', or their drive to behave this way must come from a society, or upbringing that tells them that women are there to be used in this way, that's what they 'deserve'.

It seems like there's still a lot of work to be done around bringing up boys, and educating men to behave better in the first place, so this kind of thing stops happening.

Supposed 'grown up' men joking about all this is just the tip of the iceberg.

The Internet has exposed the awful reality of how some men regard women as 'playthings' for their own entertainment, and completely disregard women's and girls rights to live their lives free from the fear, or actuality of this kind of behaviour.

Top Bottom