commute home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8kphil

i had a fun commute home tonight,i got to use my new light and motion vega 200,brilliant light! im more than happy with it! there was a woman and to young kids in the park that i take a short cut through,when i was going past the kids were shouting i cant see anything!;) at least i know i can be seen!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
That's the great thing about the clocks going back, you get the chance to try your new lights. No other new cycling accessory is quite as satisfying.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm no longer using mine, btw. I got an Exposure Redeye. It's much more powerful, but has a v. good diffuser and thus is equally bright over a much larger angle.

exposure-redeye-helmet-rear-light.jpg

Im always looking at what other cyclists have and always try and chase them down if they have a better back light,so you had better watch yourself.;)

What voltage does that work under?

It looks very good on the old helmet,fnar fnar.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You're supposed to run it out of the power/charge socket of the front light (like a joystick or MaxxD), but it's also possible to use one of the one-cell Exposure spare battery packs. I took this route since it's quite a long way between my tailbox and the front light, plus I have a remote switch on the front light anyway.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ls-mike/3878648606/in/set-72157611214389627/

I've not yet come up with a better mounting...

Thanks.

OP
OP

8kphil

i have the cateye tl-11000 rear light,had it on a while know with no problems so far,i find it to be very bright.

jimboalee

8kphil said:
i had a fun commute home tonight,i got to use my new light and motion vega 200,brilliant light! im more than happy with it! there was a woman and to young kids in the park that i take a short cut through,when i was going past the kids were shouting i cant see anything!;) at least i know i can be seen!

The trouble with bright lamps and young children. The young children get frightened by not being able to see anything and panic.

Like rabbits, they can run in any direction, including into the path of the lamp.

Does the lamp have a 'low' setting?

Top Bottom