Commute in Lycra leggings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stan_Bowles

Now I normally wear base-layer, tech shirt & baggy shorts for my commute and occasional ride at the weekend.
Never ventured near lycra for my bottom half but having bought some cycling trousers from Aldi at the weekend and used them in anger for the first time this morning ( baggy shorts on top ) my knees have definatley thanked me for it, what a result.
Nice and toastie cycling up the A316, just me bleeedin fingers that were suffering, need new gloves now.
Looking forward to the ride home, let's hope the rain holds off.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I went the other way this morning. Got a bost spoke on road bike last night so have used the MTB. I felt a twat in lycra so baggied and hoodied up (did wear some padded bib shorts underneath though). Was pleasantly surprised that I was warm.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wore the Lycra knee warmers for the first time since earlier this year, and yep my knees felt better for it.

Mozzy

Now I normally wear base-layer, tech shirt & baggy shorts for my commute and occasional ride at the weekend.
Never ventured near lycra for my bottom half but having bought some cycling trousers from Aldi at the weekend and used them in anger for the first time this morning ( baggy shorts on top ) my knees have definatley thanked me for it, what a result.
Nice and toastie cycling up the A316, just me bleeedin fingers that were suffering, need new gloves now.
Looking forward to the ride home, let's hope the rain holds off.

Got some Aldi cycling gloves the other week, and wore them yesterday and today. Apart from getting very wet inside from sweat they kept the hands perfeckly warm. They had sold out of my size in Lycra so got a better known make yesterday. Still feel a bit self conscious in em, so wear joggers over. Yer right, luvverly jubberly and warm
thumbsup.png

Mozzy

martint235

Dog on a bike
And you will see them on Saturday
thumbsup.png

must remember to pack lighter fuel and matches!!! :whistle:

dhd.evans

Veteran
Oddly enough I was about to start a thread about this (but with a tangent, as you will see!). The long lycra bottoms I have were worn today. Now, bearing in mind that the weather was a balmy 4 degrees I chose to wear the following:

- T shirt
- Thermal vest
- Aldi winter cycling jacket (replaced at the weekend, mint!)
- Aldi winter gloves (cracking. Love them.)
- Padded long lycra bottoms

I was toasty apart from the following:

- goolies.

So, the bizarre question is... without too much Carry On-eqsue innuendo, how do I keep me crown jewels warm in the winter?

martint235

Dog on a bike
- goolies.

So, the bizarre question is... without too much Carry On-eqsue innuendo, how do I keep me crown jewels warm in the winter?

Do you ride an MTB? I don't tend to have a problem with mine probably due to the more tucked position on the road bike.

OP
OP
Stan_Bowles

Stan_Bowles

Got some Aldi cycling gloves the other week, and wore them yesterday and today. Apart from getting very wet inside from sweat they kept the hands perfeckly warm. They had sold out of my size in Lycra so got a better known make yesterday. Still feel a bit self conscious in em, so wear joggers over. Yer right, luvverly jubberly and warm
thumbsup.png

Mozzy

Aaah, I'll have another look for those gloves there, cheers.
Work-mates didn't approve of me lycra though. "What's wrong with just shorts you big wuss, it ain't cold at all" :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
good lord you provincials

still in mitts, ss top and bib shorts, albeit with a gillet and buff

longs are still some way off I suspect

Top Bottom