1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compact Camera under £50 ?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by sheddy, 9 Mar 2008.

1. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

Son is off on several school holidays this summer and has turned up his nose at my old clunky 2MP Fuji. Any suggestions for something pocketable that won't break the bank when it gets lost or stolen ?

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

sheddy, 100's if not 1,000's available for around the £50.00 mark. Just by one with the best lens

3. Try here sheddy

Good service from this lot as I bought a Canon last time around. Arrived quickly etc etc...

And then you go here - or similar to check out the minutiae... :biggrin:

4. Brock

Brock Senior Member

I'd be tempted by this one for (just over) 50 quid myself.

5. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

My first digital camera was a Kodak. Bought many years ago for far to many £££'s but it still works as good as new now.

6. I have a DC 215 - recently deceased...cost about firty fousand flippin' quid or something like... seems like only yesterday!

7. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Kodaks drive me mad, as I've never owned one that remembered my settings - they may have improved since then.

My choice would be a Canon Powershot of some sort, nice lens, and the menu system and ergonomics always seemed pretty good. My A610 was a great little camera. I think 7dayshop.com have some offers on the older models just now.

8. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

9. rampant spammers on the forum over the last couple of days :angry:

10. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

We do try to keep on top of them.
    If you report spam it'll get dealt with ASAP.

11. Inertia

Inertia I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!

12. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Easy for you to be blase, Doc, but I've just bought 3 handbags and a pair of
    4" stilettos:tongue:

13. johnnyh

johnnyh Über Member

14. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Our local Tescos have a vastly reduced Fuji in at just over £50...cant remember the model or megapixel, but it looks a fairly good deal.

Co-incidentally, i was in Sainsburys last night, it looks like they're doing bthe same deal...i assume its a Fuji promotion.

15. kettle

kettle Well-Known Member