Compulsary Helmet Wear-Northern Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anything changed in the last 12months?

In particular - Holland, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway

(there was a post a few months back with a nice table in it summarising the various rules/restrictions but I can't find it)

byegad

Legendary Member
Holland doesn't seem to have a helmet law, at least if it has no one takes any notice of it.

Tony

Hmmmmmm. May be off into Sweden at the end of my ride round part of the North Sea route. Bugger.....

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Germany's not compulsory although use is fairly widespread. I would recommend wearing one when cycling in busy built up areas. It would never occur to me to wear one on the country roads/bike paths but I suppose you just have to use your own skill and judgement.

OP
OP
psmiffy
I cycled in sweden and finland last summer and did not wear helmet and nothing was said- but i know there are some restrictons but I can't seem to find anything in english that will tell me what they are

Carwash

Señor Member
psmiffy said:
I cycled in sweden and finland last summer and did not wear helmet and nothing was said- but i know there are some restrictons but I can't seem to find anything in english that will tell me what they are

In Sweden the law is that under 15s must wear a helmet while cycling. If you're older than 15 then it's up to the individual.

Carwash

Señor Member
psmiffy said:
Merci Beucoup Carwash

Ingen orsak. :ohmy:

Top Bottom