W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Who do you intend to feed concrete to ?
I guess they’ve done something bad to deserve that.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Oddly enough, I've been wondering about how to get a couple of bags of soft sand. I think Wickes do a click and collect scheme but I've been agonising about whether or not I can justify hopping in the van to pick them up. It's hardly an essential trip. Getting a delivery for five quid's worth of sand would be economic madness.

Slick

Guru
I've been trying to figure out how to get the little black pointing chips for the monobloc after Mrs Slick went mad with the Karcher. :eek:

I really thought they would have moved a bit by now.

B&Q and Screwfix are doing click and collect, and social distancing seems to be working well from what I've seen.
If you try to get on BnQs web page at 8am you will be in a que of 150 trying to place order then picking up you will be in a cue of 60 cars.

Its horrendous.

Smudge

Veteran
Oddly enough, I've been wondering about how to get a couple of bags of soft sand. I think Wickes do a click and collect scheme but I've been agonising about whether or not I can justify hopping in the van to pick them up. It's hardly an essential trip. Getting a delivery for five quid's worth of sand would be economic madness.

Wickes stores aren't open, only online orders and delivery.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Screwfix click and collect works well and there's no need to go and search through those dirty sticky plastic catalogues.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Heard outside my local diy shop yesterday that cement, plaster etc are getting hard to obtain as all the quarries are shut. Guess due to a short shelf life there weren't big stocks on the shelf.

Skibird

We had a delivery from Sydenhams yesterday, and they told us they have been getting vans from the mainland coming over and buying up stock as they can't get it anywhere.

Top Bottom