Confrontation with a motorist: I did nothing wrong this time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Why does it have to get nasty ? We've already had a couple of you calling each other t*ts ?

God commuting is like P&L was - full of angry people. :rolleyes:

Reactions: gaz

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Why does it have to get nasty ? We've already had a couple of you calling each other t*ts ?

God commuting is like P&L was - full of angry people. :rolleyes:
Show us yer angry face Fossy, may help Matthew ward off der bullies on the road!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Honestly, what is the point in moderation like this? It's pointless and unfair to the posters. Leave it off until it actually gets nasty.
<dons Mods Hat>

We've probably reached saturation point now. Further posting is unlikely to add anything to the discussion.

Move along, please !
That is why.

Waiting "until it actually gets nasty" is too late.

Move along - NOW !

lejogger

Guru
The driver who was forced to brake didn't look very happy, but he looked like he had a life and didn't want to waste it moaning about this selfish and arrogant riders actions. If he was on a motorbike with a numberplate, he would not have ridden in thsi way - and then we go back to behaviour modification and risk compensation....
We're not really comparing like for like. In your example there was a driver who had to take evasive action because of the cyclist. No one had to take any evasive action in Matthew's clip. For it to be the same, the cyclist would have had to witness the driver looking angry at his actions, turn his bike around to chase him down before berating him for daring to be affronted by his poor cycling.

lejogger

Guru
<dons Mods Hat>

We've probably reached saturation point now. Further posting is unlikely to add anything to the discussion.

Move along, please !
Apologies... I was half way through a post, then had to go out to buy the office cakes because it's my birthday (never understood that one) then only saw your request to close the thread subsequently.
Agree completely. Those left still debating are unlikely to change any opinions at this stage.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Actually, there's been a bunch of interesting posts that brought up new and sometimes off topic information in the last few pages. This really isn't the place to be considering closing the topic.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
If you wish to consider off topic information - start a new thread.

This is the place/time to consider closing the topic - not when/if it gets nasty.

Please wait until everyone agrees with me and then close the thread before they have time to change their minds.

Only 99% of the cycling public to go, then you can lock it with my blessings!

I write this in the hope that it will add constructively to the debate, but I fear my arrow has fallen wide of the target.

Again.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you wish to consider off topic information - start a new thread.

This is the place/time to consider closing the topic - not when/if it gets nasty.

You think you can stop topics from wandering? Good luck with that.

lejogger

Guru
Happy Birthday! :hello:
Thanks!!
They do that where I work now but previously it would be down the pub after work and everyone would buy the birthday boy/girl a drink:thumbsup:
This seems like a much better idea! We do that sometimes too, but my son awaits me at the other end of the M6 tonight so I'm spending the evening in the car!

Incidentally, with all the talk of this thread going off topic, I didn't actually think we had...

...until now :smile:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have stated twice before that I fully understand the comments given on this incident and I am happy for it to stop now (I am not getting involved anymore). I have reported the incident to the police and I am happy with their response. I am not awaiting for their reply with what action is going to be taken but the police officer I spoke to said that she would show the sargent the video and get his opinion on what action is to be taken. She said that she would get back to me within 30 days (even though I told her I was going on holiday from 11th to the 25th next month.

It is never nice to see something become nasty so lets not add to the current list of nasty threads in commuting.

Top Bottom