Contador banned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cd365

Guru
About time it was sorted

Noodley

Good. But it is a strange world we live in when he has been allowed to continue to race and win, then gets his wins stripped and the ban back-dated...so essentially he can be racing again in 6 months at the Vuelta.

My view would be to strip all his wins from the date of the test, but to start the ban from the day it was imposed. Then we might see fewer riders prolonging matters with ridiculous stories of how a large cow jumped into their bed and licked their scrotums whilst they slept.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Good news but as Noodley says it seems perverse that he's been able to ride and ban is deemed concurrent. Stripping the results is something but slightly unsatisfactory. No doubt he'll keep protesting with the preposterous meat defence.

ohnovino

Large Member
Good. But it is a strange world we live in when he has been allowed to continue to race and win ...

... and presumably get paid too. It can't be right that someone who owns up straight away loses 2 years' salary, but someone who keeps denying it only loses 6 months'.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I wonder if he'll appeal? I can't really see him wanting to drag the matter out :whistle:
Yes he can, but from what I understand he can't appeal against the actual case (ie doping), but can only appeal if there's been some sort of legal issue (ie mis-trial or some other such legal cockup).

So expect this to carry on for a bit longer, whilst his legal team tries to find some 'wiggle' room on a technicality.

Keith Oates

Janner
I must say that I'm disappointed at the result. I know nothing about the various drugs that are being used by cyclists but from what I've read that amount found was so small as to not have any affect on his performance so it begs the question, why did he take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom