Contador fails drug test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zaid

Yes I've just seen a news report on this too.
Does this mean the TDF title goes to Andy? After all a fail is a fail.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
be prepared for lots of mealy mouthed excuses, changing stories, and sports administrators failing to cover themselves in glory.

raindog

er.....
Mind you......
However, the UCI said the concentration found by the laboratory was estimated at 50 picograms - 400 times less than anti-doping laboratories accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) must be able to detect.

yello

Claiming 'food contamination' which, in practice, is possible... and I guess might result in those small amounts found... but...

I'm just p*ssed off again. In a way that I thought I was over years ago.

raindog

er.....
Anyway, should this thread not have a spoiler warning in the title?
:biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Claiming 'food contamination' which, in practice, is possible... and I guess might result in those small amounts found... but...

I'm just p*ssed off again. In a way that I thought I was over years ago.

Had a little search for Clenbuterol and it's a drug that has some previous for food contamination. However, intentional doping or not, the damage is done the moment the story hits the news.

Paul_L

Über Member
And in a split second, the Tour has lost any credibility it has regained over the last couple of years.

Don't buy the food contamination argument. Riders and the teams have control over everything they take in.

I just hope this gets concluded swiftly.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well that is a real shock. I had never ever suspected that Bertie would get a positive test....

....for clenbuterol :rolleyes:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Don't buy the food contamination argument. Riders and the teams have control over everything they take in.

There's an interesting piece on Velonation about it. Basically the case against seems to be as follows;

Alberto Contador underwent sport drug testing during many days of the 2010 Tour de France, including July 19, 20, 21, and 22.
<li>No Clenbuterol was detected in any of the tests prior to July 21.
<li>An extremely low trace concentration of Clenbuterol was found in the urine sample taken on July 21; the concentration found in the urine sample taken on July 22 was even lower. <li>The half-life of Clenbuterol is 25-39 hours.
<li>These facts show that Clenbuterol was ingested after the urine testing on July 20 in an amount that could have never enhanced his performance.
<li>There are numerous documented cases of humans ingesting Clenbuterol accidentally by eating meat from animals that have been fed the substance to stimulate growth.

Read more: http://www.velonatio...x#ixzz10zmNsc5I

raindog

er.....
I'm trying to be positive (sorry!) about this

"The experts consulted so far have agreed also that this is a food contamination case, especially considering the number of tests passed by Alberto Contador during the Tour de France, making it possible to define precisely both the time the emergence of the substance as the tiny amount detected, ruling out any other source or intentionality."

Top Bottom