Coroner's inquests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anyone had any experience of attending one of these?
There was a fatal accident this weekend on the road that Baggy and I commute along. We've heard that the accident was caused by one cyclist clipping the wheel of another while overtaking, leading to one of them being hit by a car. However, I'd rather hear more precise details before coming to any conclusions and the only way to do that, it seems, is to attend the inquest.

They're open to the public so you can go along.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Thanks both. There is definitely going to be an inquest and I was aware that members of the public can attend. It's not something that I am looking forward to, and I'm conscious of appearing to be some kind of ghoulish RTA groupy. I've contacted the local CTC section to see if they will be represented ('quite possibly' was the answer) but if not I would like to be there and hear the evidence for myself. I've been told that after the inquest the only information that I'm entitled to (as a member of the public and not an interested party) is the verdict. I've got a definite interest in safety on that stretch of road, so I'd like to be sure of the facts.

Top Bottom