could he be any good ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Who, what?

Not in the slightest bit interested.

Horses, flog, dead - ring any bells?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is it still on? I thought they got rid of it when they canned Dixon of Dock Green and the Black and White Minstrels.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ComedyPilot said:
So far, according to the CC poll of taste, 60% of respondants can't stick the program - how did they ever make it then?

Edit: now 75% :wahhey:

I think it was so Arch could drool over the Scottish bloke.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Yeah, I think he could be quite good...

I even shed a little tear in pt2 on New Year's Day when Dr? was going back and seeing all his friends before he died :wahhey:

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
He can regenerate 12 times, although The Master has managed to get around this so he could be around for another 40 years yet.

darkstar

I don't watch the show but the new doctor is from Northampton (nearest town to my village) so may show an interest.

ASC1951

Guru
the anorak said:
am i the only person on the planet who thinks (or cares) that the new Dr Who may actually be quite good ????
I'm well past the target age for Dr Who so I've only caught bits of it. Matt Smith was fairly good in Party Animals but as an actor I don't think he has anything like the range of David Tennant, whose recent Hamlet was exceptional.

I suspect Russell T Davies leaving will have a far greater impact than any change of cast.

Arch

Married to Night Train
amnesia said:
Yeah, I think he could be quite good...

I even shed a little tear in pt2 on New Year's Day when Dr? was going back and seeing all his friends before he died :angry:

Me too, and at the same bit. If only we all got a chance to say goodbye like that. Oh dear, I'm welling up again...

<deep breath>

And is he the first Doctor to have had such warning of his impending end? That got me too, the not wanting to change. Before, hasn't it always been a case of happening suddenly after a 'fatal' injury.

Yes, I drooled over David Tennant. I always have. I liked Chris Eccleston before him, thought it was a shame he only did the one season, I think he could have brought some interesting qualities to the Doctor.

I suspect the new chap will do ok. He won't be the same of course, partly because he's only just too old for a Young Person's Railcard and partly because I don't want to... well, anyway... I'll still watch it, from a slightly different point of view.

I do think Matt Smith has an interesting face, which is good, he may be young, but he's not good looking in that pop-idol anodyne way. He's maybe the most 'alien' looking of them all (although Tom Baker has a certain other worldly quality).

Mycroft

I thought the real star was (Sir) Bernard Cribbins. please someone giving him a script he can devour. He was the one that drew tears in this house.

Top Bottom