Count Arthor Strong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I used to think Count Arthur Strong was hilarious, but either it's not as good or the joke's worn off. I'm a bit concerned his fellow alcoholic curmudgeon Ed Reardon it going the same way.

Norm

Yellow Fang said:
... but either it's not as good or the joke's worn off.
I'd go with that, and I note the position of the apostrophe means you also think of it in the singular.

He was funny once... but it was just the once.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I love the good Count. I have a few pages of his own hand-annotated script at home, plus a signed poster. My pal in Hollywood now owns her very own autographed plastic sausage from Wilf Taylor, Master Butcher too. Got these at the Fringe when they recorded a special edition of the Radio Show, and also saw the 'Man Behind The Smile' show that year.

I did think that some of the episodes in the last series and this one weren't as good, but then I listened to them a few more times and now they're hilarious! They grow - there was so much stuff I missed on the first and second listenings. Likewise his video clips; didn't enjoy them at first but they now leave me chortling.

Can't wait to get home tonight to listen to this morning's episode.

potsy

Rambler
goo_mason said:
On the other hand, I've tried "Ed Reardon's Week" countless times but it does nothing for me.
I quite like Ed Reardon's week,but then he's a miserable moaning tightwad so I probably see some of myself in him:biggrin::biggrin:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
potsy said:
I quite like Ed Reardon's week,but then he's a miserable moaning tightwad so I probably see some of myself in him:biggrin::biggrin:

The trailers for the latest series have been the recent highlight of Radio 4...

Gromit

Über Member
theclaud said:
I haven't caught the programme yet this series. Should I not bother?

I wouldn't I think its a wast of airspace. As well as some of the other junk radio four have been putting on recently.

OP
OP
Haitch

Haitch

Flim Flormally
theclaud said:
I haven't caught the programme yet this series. Should I not bother?

The first two programmes were amusing but lacklustre. The formula is too thin for six series and the jokes are becoming as predictable as cable TV showing Tenko repeats.

Count Arthur Strong was funny but I thought he was out of sorts this morning, a bit offhand. I worried for him. Perhaps he hasn't been sleeping well.

Top Bottom