Court of arbitration delayed contador case till Nov 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
contador for the vuelta?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'd like to see him ride the Vuelta, but it's probably a race too far, and not much point for him. Would make more sense for him to go for the World TT...

Will be interesting to see if he rides the Giro next year - would love to see someone be the first to win all three Grand Tours, and I reckon he's the only rider who could do it right now.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'd like to see him ride the Vuelta, but it's probably a race too far, and not much point for him. Would make more sense for him to go for the World TT...

Will be interesting to see if he rides the Giro next year - would love to see someone be the first to win all three Grand Tours, and I reckon he's the only rider who could do it right now.
Even Merckx - who was further ahead of his rivals than anyone before or since - could not win all three GTs in a season, and Contador is no Merckx. If anyone did it would not be clean.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bertie couldn't do it this year even after a relatively easy win in the Giro so I suspect he won't try it again.

If they decide to gloss over the positive drug test, that is.

iLB

Hello there
Read a quote from bert the other day saying he will never race the Giro again, hope he doesn't ride the vuelta as brad is racing it now :tongue:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The Giro is in severe danger of being a second rate race again if nobody in the top 20 does it. Maybe making it that tough, which was fun for the viewer, has backfired.

TVC

BBC are reporting he's canned the Vuelta this year to rest after the Tour.

Am I the only one that suspects that the Court for Arbitration has kicked the hearing to the winter so the whole appeal can be quietly dropped once the season is finished and most of the mainstream European press is more interested in other things.

Alun

Guru
I'm sure Berties blood was tested in a lab in Cologne last year, yet this year they seemed to be using the Lab at Chatanay-Malabry. Do they use more than one lab per Tour?

Mac66

Have they given any official reason for the delay?

Yes - to give his defence time to answer "certain scientific points". Err... that would would be "how did that get there"

Now I am all for giving a man time to prepare an adequate defence but this is simply taking the pi**

Keith Oates

Janner
What's the betting that in the next couple of months there will be a statement saying 'new evidence has taken away the expense of going ahead with the Court of Arbitration judgement"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldroadman

Veteran
I'm sure Berties blood was tested in a lab in Cologne last year, yet this year they seemed to be using the Lab at Chatanay-Malabry. Do they use more than one lab per Tour?

The test materials can be sent to one of a number of WADA accredited labs. Same tests, same kit, except Cologne seemed to have some slightly more advanced test for finding clembuterol - unlucky for AC..!

The way this is dragging on, the greater the chance of him walking away cleared, I think.

Top Bottom