COVID: "Back off - I'm vulnerable!" T-shirts

matticus

Would there not be a benefit to such things? (or hats, or badges, or forehead tattoos ...)

I'm sure there are people NOT in vulnerable groups who are getting slacker by the week in their hygiene/distancing standards - encouraged by HMGov slowly lifting restrictions - but if they could clearly see someone needed to be given more space, they would. I'm sure most people give the visibly frailest elderly due consideration.

Discuss!

Reactions: C R

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Nice thought but certainly near me a lot of the idiots would see it as an opportunity to take advantage or abuse the wearer.

I could wear one and see if the locals do anything. But they would quickly find out doing either of the above is a bad idea.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Would there not be a benefit to such things? (or hats, or badges, or forehead tattoos ...)

I'm sure there are people NOT in vulnerable groups who are getting slacker by the week in their hygiene/distancing standards - encouraged by HMGov slowly lifting restrictions - but if they could clearly see someone needed to be given more space, they would. I'm sure most people give the visibly frailest elderly due consideration.

Discuss!
I'm not sure Id like to wear one or advertise myself as frail. What would we be protecting them from?

It could also ironically make us less cautious around people who do need protecting, but forgot their hat.

Slick

Guru
I think you can tell who is being ultra careful whether they are vulnerable or someone they are in contact with is so you just have to be mindful of them and give them lots of space. Anyone who can't do that is highly unlikely to do it because it's written on your mask.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
People who are "vulnerable" or "extremely vulnerable" are supposed to be taking measures to ensure that they are not unduly exposed to risk....namely, isolating themselves to varying degrees. Anyway, the proposed T-shirt will just wind people up, much like those Crash Test Dummy vests.

AndyRM

XOXO
Philip Normal made one which I quite like:

People who are "vulnerable" or "extremely vulnerable" are supposed to be taking measures to ensure that they are not unduly exposed to risk....namely, isolating themselves to varying degrees. Anyway, the proposed T-shirt will just wind people up, much like those Crash Test Dummy vests.
Yes, somebody needs to come up with an "I'm backing off - I'm vulnerable" version.

Top Bottom