Cowboy boots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
Mrs R wants a new (quality) pair of cowboy boots,I have only found R Soles in the Kings Rd that sell good quality boots online.all the other sites seem to be US based.Can anyone recommend any sites?? Not sure i can imagine many cyclists wear cowboy boots.....:biggrin: but you lot on here are a wealth of information

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
go for ostritch leather - and if you order mail order from the states then be very sure of the size. R Soles is ridiculously expensive

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
dellzeqq said:
go for ostritch leather - and if you order mail order from the states then be very sure of the size. R Soles is ridiculously expensive

thats why i wanted to order from a UK store so i can return them easily.

Manonabike

Über Member
Believe or not I collect cowboy boots and I have about 30 pairs or so :sad:

There are a number of things you should know about boots. The boots that you buy in the states these days a CR*P made in china so it's hard to get a good pair if you don't know what you are doing. Sizes are also diferent. Boots are sold with a letter ie 7D to indicate the size and the withd, D been average or middle, B is narrow.

In the past I have sold a few pairs on eBay but mainly vintage boots with very little use. I will be selling a pair of vintage Tony Lama boots that I bought for my wife back in 74.... they were too big and she wore them only once. I hate to sell them because for the same quality factory made boots you have to buy hand made boots now and that cost a lot more. I'm waiting for my Xmas present to arrive any day now :laugh: and yes, you guessed it right a pair of hand made Blackjack boots.

You can try eBay UK, sometimes they have realy good boots.

The duty and VAT on imported boots make them a treat :biggrin:.... once or at most twice a year.

rich p said:
It's a good idea to ask us chaps:wacko:

Thought it was boots they wanted not chaps arf arf

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I second the ostrich leather - I bought some Tony Lama's in Austin Tx and very nice they are too. :becool:

I realise it's not a quick nip down to the shops if you pick them up from there but it's much warmer if that helps*! :smile:

*no, thought not...

Top Bottom