Cracked plastic BB cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
If "cup" is the right word for it.

The plastic screw in bit on the left hand side of the Bottom Bracket has cracked somehow and the whole thing creaks a bit now.

Is it possible to get a replacement cup or is it a case of getting a whole new BB? It's a 68mm.

Oh, yeah, you don't need to tell me - plastic ones are poo.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hmm I would be interested in this as well. I must admit having doubts of the strength when I fitted mine a few months ago.

Never broken one getting it in, but bust one trying to get it out !

Dunno what sort of nylon they're made from, but suspect made in same factory as Philadelphia cheese.

Apparently LBS technique is to unscrew the other (steel) side and remove cartridge, then smash them out...

redjedi

Über Member
Is it the white shimano one?

I have the old one from the BB I replaced last weekend. It's a bit dirty and about 7 months old, but undamaged (I'll double check that) if you can't find one locally and want it.

I may even clean it first.

edit: Not sure it will fit though as it's from a Bianchi, so italian thread I believe, but I'll have a look if you want.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Let me know. There is a good chance I have an unused plastic one. I reuse my metal ones

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
andy_wrx said:
Apparently LBS technique is to unscrew the other (steel) side and remove cartridge, then smash them out...

That's what I'll be doing once I get the other side out. The plastic side has partially come out, and my bb tool is crap and I'm off to find another one.

Cheers for the offer Fossy but I'm going to splash out on one with a metal non drive side cup.

Top Bottom