"CREATE" bike quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello there,

Does anyone have any experience with the budget "CREATE" bikes that are available fpr purchase on line?
They suite my tight assed budget at the moment but as always, you get what you pay for.
Are they complete shockers? Will it hold in there as a regular commuter but not much else? Has anyone had one (or know someone who knows someone who has) and can give a review?

Appreciate your time and responces.

Rhys_Po

Have a look on http://www.londonfgss.com/ just search for 'Unipack' - it's the same bike.

The bulk of the opinion seems to be that they are very. very shoddy, but one or two posts from people who have been running them for a while. I've never actually ridden one, but have picked one up out of curiosity - christ almighty, they're heavy!

Personally I reckon you'd be better off getting something of a decent quality second-hand off eBay (just had a quick squizz .. there are some pretty nice ones ending soon that you should be able to pick up at around or less than the new Unipacks) - one word of warning ... all those new ones from 'Crosslake Sales' are basically the same Unipack bike.

OP
OP
I

iamroyaltyinexile

thanks for the responce and sound advice, i had heard some similar rumours from friends but thought i'd consult a forum of those in the know for a confirmation.

the hunt will continue!

mrtar

The New Beggining for Create Bikes

Ok... There have been a few problems with the bikes main problems being bottom bracket and rear bearings and handlebar stem thread coming out. Create bikes is a new company trying to catch the fixed gear frenzy that is currently happening. They have been selling these bikes since november last year. I personally own one and did experience the problems above but hey... for the price of £160 I can't complain. I bought mine in November when they had just started. The reason it was so cheap was to get their name out there fast. Unfortunately because their manufacturer used cheap parts Create suffered negative feedback which has damaged their reputation. Some people have not had problems by the way.

So is their hope for Create Bikes? I think YES!!!! WHY??? Because they have rectified the problems and changed manufacturer. A team from Create went to the middle east, handpicked and personally tested parts for their new range coming October 5th. The upgraded bikes are available in new attractive colour combinations and had new parts added. If their new range of bikes are what they claim to be Create Bikes stands a great chance in recovering it's reputation and gaining trust from all you sceptics. They trying to do you guys a favour by providing you with a fixie that looks awesome and is affordable.

Hope this gives you more insight.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Piles of junk !

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I know nothing about them, but if they are the same as the unipack single-speeds on that link then the weight, given as 10.9 kg, is hardly oppressive. I mean, I agree with others that you could do far better for your money with a bit of judicious ebay-ery, but an 11kg bike is not exactly a tank. It's not light, but it's not 'christ almighty' heavy either.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I was looking at these bikes on Ebay and i like the look of them but know nothing about single speeds yet.I have hinted that want one from she who is the great allmighty boss,are they as bad as some people think or are they good kit to start single speeding ?

waffle

i think youd be better off in the long run trying to stretch to somthing like a fuji track or a langster. a friend that had one ended up spending enough fixing problems to have been able to afford a better bike

TW85

definitely get what you pay for with off the peg

I built my own for less than £200, it was a lot of fun and very satisfying

nev said:
Should have come on to this forum beforehand but foolishly bought one of these 'new and improved' create bikes. Still absolutely rubbish, the rim tape is so cheap it punctures the tubes. Crankset is grinding like hell after only two weeks. Using it on freewheel at the moment but it involuntarily switches into fixed gear at random, not good if your cycling in traffic.

These bikes are not even road-worthy, never mind good value, stay away.
Company who sells them are impossible to deal with aswell

Welcome to fixed gear! Just seen your post and v sorry to hear about your bike. It's always worth coming on to a forum first for some ideas, you might still do ok with more opinions / ideas.
Are you a fixed newbie? Where in the country are you?

Top Bottom