Crewe Toll Accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Scary. I face the trials of getting around that twice a day - thankfully it's almost deserted at around 6.15am, but it can be a hairy experience during the evening rush hour. You've got to be ready for almost everyone else to pull out on you as you're going round - and they usually do. People are so desperate to get onto the roundabout that they obviously reckon it's worth the risk of killing me to save themselves a few seconds !

There's a bit of a camber on it too, plus some nasty potholes, which just adds to the experience.

Hope she's OK.

Ranger

A motorcyclist was taken out on the same roundabout this morning and I had the joy of being the only first aider to stop and give any help. Kneeling on the tarmac for 15 minutes and I chose today to wear my shorts!

Don't know if the cyclist was taken out this morning as well, the motorcycle was around 7:30

Ravenz

damn.. read the headline and thought summat exciting had happened in Crewe..!
.. waiting 15 mins for a paramedic...??? dont they have shorter SLAs than that....??

goo_mason

Ravenz said:
damn.. read the headline and thought summat exciting had happened in Crewe..!
.. waiting 15 mins for a paramedic...??? dont they have shorter SLAs than that....??

There's a hospital 2 minutes from the roundabout, but it's not got an A & E.

goo_mason

Ranger said:
A motorcyclist was taken out on the same roundabout this morning and I had the joy of being the only first aider to stop and give any help. Kneeling on the tarmac for 15 minutes and I chose today to wear my shorts!

Don't know if the cyclist was taken out this morning as well, the motorcycle was around 7:30

No-one else stopped to help ? That's shocking. Well done for stepping up to the mark, Ranger. Was the rider in a bad way ? Hope he / she's OK.

Just noticed that the cycle incident was yesterday - only reported on the BBC and in the EEN today though.

Ranger

goo_mason said:
No-one else stopped to help ? That's shocking. Well done for stepping up to the mark, Ranger. Was the rider in a bad way ? Hope he / she's OK.

Just noticed that the cycle incident was yesterday - only reported on the BBC and in the EEN today though.

It's not unusual for people to not stop, what was shocking were the cars squeezing through the gap between the motorbike and the car that hit him:ohmy: I'm just glad that I got the driver to move my bike as that's where I put it while talking to the biker.

He didn't seem too bad, though he started to deteriorate pretty quickly when the adrenaline wore off and the paramedics brought out the spinal board which scared him more than anything else to be honest

Top Bottom