Criminal Justice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
....on the BBC. Anyone else watching it? I'm hooked slightly against my will but fine acting from Bill Paterson, Pete Postlethwaite and the young lead.

SamNichols

Ben Whishaw is simply a stunningly good actor, both on stage and screen. Whilst the film version of Perfume a couple of years ago wasn't flawless, he put in a stunning portrayal of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, and that was his first proper film role. Definitely one to look out for over the next few years.

As for the thing, fine the story has a few convenient clunkers in it to move it along, but the way that the narrative is unfolding is absolutely superb. I am most reminded of Kafka's The Trial at the moment, with the gears of process moving, but the protagonist having no idea why, or even if he was guilty of the crime committed. Great stuff, I'm hooked.

Blue

Legendary Member
A rare gem indeed!

Mrs Blue and I are enjoying both the viewing and the discussions about how it will unfold!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yup, I'm hooked, and I didn't think I would be...

Not as desperate to find out what happens as I am with Dr Who though....

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's quite scary seeing how the criminal justice system may actually compromise justice through the plea bargaining. Remind me never to steal a car and pick up an attractive young girl who is desperate for me to do the business while under the influence of drugs and drink!

I don't like the look of prison either - it makes my bum sore just watching it:blush:

SamNichols

rich p said:
It's quite scary seeing how the criminal justice system may actually compromise justice through the plea bargaining. Remind me never to steal a car and pick up an attractive young girl who is desperate for me to do the business while under the influence of drugs and drink!

I don't like the look of prison either - it makes my bum sore just watching it:blush:

The superglue/grass scene was particularly 'orrible.

Top Bottom