Critérium du Dauphiné *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I love this tough pre-TdF stage race! Much more interesting than the Tour of Luxembourg happening around the same time. One would think that a shorter stage race like this, with two TTs might suit someone like Tony Martin or Bradley Wiggins, but some of those mountain stages are really serious, and I reckon Cadel Evans will be hard to beat overall. That said Sky, Astana, Omega Pharma-Lotto and several others have strong squads out, plus there are riders like Ivan Basso, who is also back in this one, and Gesink for Rabobank, who could have a chance...

beastie

Guru
We will see whether Wiggins can get some climbing form, he seems to have been working well last week for the team also. I would love to see him TT very well and finish close to the leaders on the climbs. Top 3 would be very good.

raindog

er.....
Yes, I think Evans will get this at last. The last three stages contain alot of hard climbs, can't see Brad doing much there to be honest, but he seems to be in great shape at the mo, so I reckon he could be in yellow for the first couple of days as the race starts with a 5k prologue.

Keith Oates

Janner
Evans could take the win but he may control his effort so that he doesn't ruin is TdF preparations. It will also be interesting to see how Hagan performs and show us that he's finally over is injury problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raindog

er.....
It's just started here on FR3. First times were set in the dry which might b gger Brad's chance of being in yellow tonight.

Yay! I had Boom down for this one in my fantasy team, Wiggins no surprise but as you say Raindog, Vino 2nd, well..

Noodley

Totally forgot to do any transfers in road.cc after the giro, going to be an interesting Dauphine for me.

I did mention it in chatroom...

Anyway there is an overlap for a couple of stages with Tour de Suisse and 4 transfers available then so you should be able to make some changes!

raindog

er.....
This is going to be a hard Dauphiné - first stage and already the field exploded all over the place. Nice to see Boasson Hagen and Nico Roche back in shape.

Top Bottom