Criterium Du Dauphine SPOILERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Nobody from Ineos in the top ten and 7th for Dumoulin makes him best placed for Jumbo.Strange ending to the race.

Having been a Cofidis fan for years I am just pleased to see any of their riders near the front. Cofidis riders don't usually win races until they join another team!!!!
To help celebrate a podium place, thought you might enjoy this pic of a Cofidis bandit!!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Somebody in charge should be held responsible for that first descent... I don't blame riders for being angry at being expected to ride road bikes at high speed down a gravel-strewn, rutted, pothole-fest! :thumbsdown:
There was a short rider strike at the start of the last stage as a result of that and Lombardia. I don't remember it being mentioned on UK coverage.

It has been very much used as a warm-up (by many, not all) rather than a race for the race’s sake. Appreciate this probably happens every year but this year it has been magnified due to circumstances.
I've been thinking the same - this is the first edition I have actually watched, so I don't normally pay it much attention.

It was all so exciting; great roads, loads of big names, full of promise on Day 1. Then I gradually realised that we were watching a training/selection session, not a race :sad:

fortunately Day 5 came good - a real race between almost everyone that was still standing :smile:

(good to see an old-fashioned France -vs- spanish-speakers contest too :P )

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Barring injury I'd still favour Roglic - he's an ex ski jumper, you know.
Almost forgot that.....

Martinsnos

I've been thinking the same - this is the first edition I have actually watched, so I don't normally pay it much attention.

It was all so exciting; great roads, loads of big names, full of promise on Day 1. Then I gradually realised that we were watching a training/selection session, not a race :sad:

fortunately Day 5 came good - a real race between almost everyone that was still standing :smile:

(good to see an old-fashioned France -vs- spanish-speakers contest too :P )
Yes - the final stage was excellent

Top Bottom