Crow Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

Apologies if folk already know but I've just heard the Crow Road is going to be closed one way by GCC for essential maintenance; I know a lot of the forum rider like to go there.

Aye, heard that myself but i don't think it's the Campsie's part, there's another Crow Rd down at Anniesland, i think it maybe that bit.

Indeed it is the Crow Road in Anniesland, the one I cycle down every day (I don't cycle over the Campsies every day!).

In fact one lane of the Clyde Tunnel (each way) is going to be closed for two weeks and part of Crow Road is going to be closed for one week of that. It's going to be chaos from Anniesland to the Clyde Tunnel next week onwards. Definitely glad I'll be on the bike, cruising by the stranded motorists.....:biggrin:

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Indeed it is the Crow Road in Anniesland, the one I cycle down every day (I don't cycle over the Campsies every day!).

In fact one lane of the Clyde Tunnel (each way) is going to be closed for two weeks and part of Crow Road is going to be closed for one week of that. It's going to be chaos from Anniesland to the Clyde Tunnel next week onwards. Definitely glad I'll be on the bike, cruising by the stranded motorists.....:biggrin:

I caught the end of a real radio broadcast and they mentioned Crow Road and another that must of been it :biggrin:

aoj

Apologies if folk already know but I've just heard the Crow Road is going to be closed one way by GCC for essential maintenance; I know a lot of the forum rider like to go there.

I drove over the Crow Road today and saw five cyclists between there and Denny. It was a beautiful day and wish I'd been on my bicycle.

The road surface is in a mess, like it had been carpet bombed.

Twilkes

Guru
I drove over the Crow Road today and saw five cyclists between there and Denny. It was a beautiful day and wish I'd been on my bicycle.

The road surface is in a mess, like it had been carpet bombed.
Not sure how much resurfacing was done in the last ten years, but the descent to Fintry is actually unpleasant to ride at the moment, loads of raised patches of tarmac like tissues on a spotty teenagers face, generally rough surface for most of it and massive fissures near the central line like tram lines to get your wheel caught in. Contemplating triple wrapping my bars before I try it again. :-/

Sallar55

Veteran
The Fintry side does not get gritting during the winter (Stirling side). The rough surface was an attempt to reduce the road icing up. The flat into Fintry was terrible until they decided to fix it.

Top Bottom