Crud Roadracer Mk2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
New ones came today and fitted:

Think the main difference over the original version is the rear wrap is greater, there is extra protection by the front mech. The little furry guides are fitted both side just inside the upper stay fixing

CIMG4593.jpg

CIMG4594.jpg

CIMG4596.jpg

CIMG4595.jpg

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Thanks for that post :thumbsup: they look good, just ordered mine :biggrin:

Norm

Nice! :thumbsup:

What size tyres are those? The last ones wouldn't work with my 25mm tyres, which was a bit of a bugger.

potsy

Rambler
There's certainly more coverage on those than the Raceblades,they look very tight to the tyre though,do they rub at all?
Might have to look at those as a winter essential.

potsy

Rambler
They are very tight fitting and there is no guarantee 25's will clear, mine are 23's. They don't rub BTW

I too have 23's but they are Schwalbe Durano+ which may be slightly thicker than a standard 23.
I do like the idea of the extra coverage that they give compared to the raceblades
I can always try them and sell them to norm if they don't fit,he likes to collect stuff he can't use
whistling.gif

potsy

Rambler
Nice! :thumbsup:

What size tyres are those? The last ones wouldn't work with my 25mm tyres, which was a bit of a bugger.

Well,I've just ordered a pair of these as they will be far better in the winter,just received a £5 Wiggle discount so with that plus my 'gold' price means they have cost just over £23-bargain.
If they don't fit you can have them for £20 norm
thumbsup.png

ps-they are out of stock but no rush,winter can wait a few more weeks.

Midnight

Excellent. Cruds were the only guards I could get to fit, and that improved rear looks just the job. I'll have to wait till next week though, I've just blown £225 on a pair of specs! :ohmy:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Just fitted the Crud Mk2's while I was cleaning the bike (I have never had such a clean cassette and chain), had a bit of a wrestle with the back one rubbing on the wheel until I realised that rather than tightening the tie wrap I should slacken it :rolleyes: then it was ok :biggrin:

I also made lots of transparent anti rub patches out of copter tape instead of the black pvc tape I was using, to stop the mudguard mounts, tie wraps holding on various bits & bobs and the brake & gear cables from rubbing the paint through.

secteur1_edit.jpg

secteur2_edit.jpg

Top Bottom