1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crumpet: should I get some?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by betty swollocks, 13 Mar 2008.

1. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

Let's face it: I don't have a great history with toasters. Me and them cannot co-exist in the same universe for too long. Sooner or later they give up: usually sooner.
    My current one, a Tesco cheapo has lasted longer than most, but just now it has refused to pop up my crumpets - choosing instead to send smoke signals billowing out of the kitchen, to apprise me that they are 'done'. And done were indeed, carbonised and wedged in. In despair (I have nothing else to eat), I yanked the lever, the blooming thing suddenly released its grip: they jumped out of their respective slots and tumbled onto the kitchen floor.
    So should I eat them, or consign them to the bin? I'm off for a spin soon and your verdict will decide whether I go on an empty stomach.

Actually, there's a very old tin of chili kidney beans lurking at the back of the pantry, but I daren't risk those.

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

just eat 'em.

3. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

They're covered in fluff and gawd knows what else.

4. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

Rinse them under the tap.

5. walker

walker New Member

nah pick it off and eat it, by the time it took you to type it all out they would of gone cold and the butter wouldn't of melted

6. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I am all for more crumpet...especially hot and dripping with butter

7. and a bit of 'fluff' involved too... I think this is one of those 'liaisons toastereuse' - a 'mange a trois' a 'pas de oops' a '4X4'...

Get a Dualit ;)