Cube Peloton 2011 - 64cm.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bornagainst

Über Member
First post....

Thought I'd drop in a picture of my new Cube Peloton 2011... with the 'Land of the Giants' 64cm frame (or equivalent - or however they measure it nowadays)

So far it's in a different league to the Specialized Sirrus I've been riding for nearly 10 years.

Mark.

14yblp3.jpg

Very Pretty...

I have a 08 (wasn't impressed with the 09/10 models).<br><br><br>ps. come back to the chat room :tongue:

OP
OP
B

bornagainst

Über Member
Just for record, I'm 6' 6" (perhaps a tiny bit under). I can't fault the size of the bike and I'm very glad I took the chance and went for the biggest frame they do. I'd only had chance to sit on a 60cm bike before this.

It always seems that default online photo's tend to be the smaller frames, so I thought it would be worth sticking this up. A quick Google search now shows this thread as one of the top result for "cube peloton 64cm"

Mark.

Trevgordon

First post on here as have been looking for a large road bike and came across the site and post...

I am looking to buy a road bike as have been riding a hybrid the last 10 years - mainly commuting to work.

I am not looking to get into racing anything but wanted a change from a hybrid where i would use it to commute to work and possibly longer rides on the weekend. So basically looking for a road bike that has a decent performance, but is durable enough to withstand commuting etc.

I am 6 ft 6 and 19 st, and feel that a 64 cm peloton frame would fit my size, but my main worry would be the durability of the wheels/hubs and components with frequent use?

I have also been looking at the genesis equilibriums which have good read reviews, and seem fairly durable, but looking at spec the frames only go to 60 cm.

So with a budget of around £800 to £1000, I wanted to see if any thoughts:

a road bike would be durable enough given my size and type of use (commuting etc - no off roading as i have mountain bike for that)
what would you recommend between cube peloton 64 cm frame and genesis equilibrium as only goes to 60 cm?
isthere
any other road bikes that you would recommend for a taller/heaveier rider?

Look foward to your reply.

cheers

Trevor Gordon

Very Pretty...

I have a 08 (wasn't impressed with the 09/10 models).<br><br><br>ps. come back to the chat room :tongue:

I have the unimpressive 2010 Peloton. Does it for me. Might even post a picture when LBS have changed the chain and cassette

Don't take it to heart, it just doesn't do it for me, unlike for yourself.

It seems that the 08/09 models were better specced than mine, groupset Shimano 105 not Tiagra etc. Haven't got anything to compare my Peloton. never ridden anything at that spec so could'n't comment on better/worse or otherwise. What is apparent is a slight but gradual weight increase 09 - 8.9Kg, 10 - 9.2Kg, 11 - 9.4Kg. There are better bikes out there, but whatever the model the Peloton is an excellent vfm bike. Certainly as much bike as I could ever do justice. That said I might be tempted by the Agree GTC Pro if I had a spare £1500 sloshing around!

It seems that the 08/09 models were better specced than mine, groupset Shimano 105 not Tiagra etc. Haven't got anything to compare my Peloton. never ridden anything at that spec so could'n't comment on better/worse or otherwise. What is apparent is a slight but gradual weight increase 09 - 8.9Kg, 10 - 9.2Kg, 11 - 9.4Kg. There are better bikes out there, but whatever the model the Peloton is an excellent vfm bike. Certainly as much bike as I could ever do justice. That said I might be tempted by the Agree GTC Pro if I had a spare £1500 sloshing around!

Ah okay, so you meant it literally.

My '08 is 9.5kg so "much" heavier than the 09, 10 and 11 models... (this is for a 56 frame)

Shrim

So far it's in a different league to the Specialized Sirrus I've been riding for nearly 10 years.

It would be interesting to understand the improvements in performance (average speed improvements mainly) of your new bike compared to your Sirrus . I have a Sirrus and thinking of a road bike but wondering what benefits it would give. Your feedback would be welcome.

Top Bottom