Cursed bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Washing the boardman today, upside down on the grass when a big gust of wind blew the bike over and managed to take a chunk out of the paint on the chainstay when it hit the edge of the patio .
Scratch about the size of a 1p piece right down to the metal:cry:
Edit
On further inspection i have found a dent under the scratch as well on the outside of the chainstay.
Got some car touch up paint as close as i can get but looks like i will be sticking a chain stay protector on to hide it.
On top of that i stuck a new chain on and managed to loose the quick link and then push the standard link all the way through and loose that to,chain is probably a little short now :banghead:

Last year i managed to bend the shift lever when i hit a pothole and fell off and also scratched the crank arm .
The bike is less than a year old and my pride and joy yet it seems to be cursed because its determined to get scratched ,dented or broken.My older hack never falls over or gets serious damage ....maybe its jealous and has a voodoo bike with pins in hidden somewhere.......

Nearly there

Veteran
older one's do tend to be jealous of the younger one's its Vodoo I say :evil:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've had a similar problem with my bike. I've had 4 incidents over the last two years where the bike or its accessories (or me) have been damaged by silly freak accidents and every time it has happened in Bridgnorth.

I have come to the conclusion therefore that Bridgnorth hates my bike and next time I go I'm taking the other one.:crazy:

Few things in this world are quite as ghastly as perfect and unscratched carbo-fantastic whizzbang bicycles.

There should be grubby fingermarks on the bar tape.

There should be a scratch or two on the frame and forks.

There should be a little evidence of 'contact' on the driveside chainstay.

The giveaway phrase in the OP was the reference to turning the bike upside down to 'clean' it....

Clean it?

What will they think of next?

D

Deleted member 1258

Scratches and dents add character. :whistle:

+1 on that, there's something sad about a bike that's that immaculate it doesn't look like its been ridden.
When I'd had the Kilmeston a little over six months I was out one Sunday morning and needing a pit stop, turning right towards Barford I pulled in to a gateway leant the bike against the gate and went to water the hedge, at which point the bike fell over and scratched the chainstay, at the time I was annoyed, but now when I see the scratch it just reminds me of that Sunday ride.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My wife reckons i have OCD, mind you she sits on her ass watching TV all day and i end up doing the cleaning at the weekend....I am just annoyed that it got dented in such a silly way as a fall when riding is not nice but at least i would have been on the road.
The touch up paint is not the right shade of white as the boardmans white is not brilliant, would t-cutting or a scratch remover even it out or just strip the paint?

As a rule, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail then it can't be polished out. you would need to fill the scratch carefully a layer at at time then using really fine wet&dry cut it back till it's level and smoothe. Then use a decent car polish to remove the sanding marks. It would then be less noticable but the dent will still be there and it would depend on how handy you are at these types of things. I think the chain protector would be your best bet. GL

Top Bottom