Cycle Chat round the world record attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Given that we are quite a large group of people now, with loads of contacts, would it not be too hard to rustle up enough cash to send one of our own on an attempt at the RTW record?

What would it cost? Main expenditures being flights and occasional hotels/b&b, plus a little something to help the rider?

I am sure as a group we've got enough people to create a base camp online to help with route planning and LBS hunting online in Malasia or USA wherever a problem occurs?

Hat off to the latest bloke to do it (still a few ?'s over whether he has or not) but given his verbals against a fellow cyclist, I feel it is only right a 'good egg' gets the record back?

Pipe dream or do-able?

Discuss, or allow to slide into obscurity...........:evil:

gavintc

Guru
ComedyPilot said:
Hat off to the latest bloke to do it (still a few ?'s over whether he has or not) but given his verbals against a fellow cyclist, I feel it is only right a 'good egg' gets the record back?

I was completely unaware there were issues with the last guy to do it or that he was a bad egg.

There is no guarantee a CC cyclist would be a 'good egg', whatever that means. So, no I will not be supporting this potential venture.

andyfromotley

Great idea. I am willing to put yself forward as the candidate, but given that the short route on the WRC nearly killed me, you may be better off with this man, the one, the only.......arallsopp!

snorri

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
Given that we are quite a large group of people now, with loads of contacts, would it not be too hard to rustle up enough cash to send one of our own on an attempt at the RTW record?
What have you been drinking today CP? Something a little stronger than lemonade I think.

:biggrin::biggrin:

chris__P

Just my personal opinion but all these round the world record attempts don't really capture my spirit of 'touring and expedition.'

if you're going to cycle around the world, which is an incredible achievement, then why would you want to go as fast as you can?

real touring surely requires an element of 'stopping to smell the roses'

hobo

O' wise one
I'l have ago if you all paying.

Bayerd

Über Member
chris__P said:
Just my personal opinion but all these round the world record attempts don't really capture my spirit of 'touring and expedition.'

if you're going to cycle around the world, which is an incredible achievement, then why would you want to go as fast as you can?

real touring surely requires an element of 'stopping to smell the roses'

But that all depends on whether you're a journey or a destination type person..

dpiper

"I could be up for this...erm..but not as some kind of speed record...how about I ride it to break the slowest ever trip round the globe on a bike by a Blob? "

I think I have that one in the bag already, 6 years and counting...

www.tra-velo-gue.co.uk

Top Bottom