cycle computer malfunction ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i have an old tronic computer which as some silly price like £11 something from lidl's probably around 5 or 6 yrs ago.
I always used it because its a widescreen version and looks the part with lots of features including heart rate monitor and chest strap, temperature guage, and all the usual speed, max speed, av speed, ride time, calories burnt etc but recently i been getting in from a ride loggin down all the readings to find the max speed saying something like 66 or 78 mph which i know from my last ride was 28.4 mph not quite the almost 70mph :laugh: does this mean its for the bin cos i really like it just for all its functions and look and the heart rate monitor scrolls up in little segments to your zone and the hrm is pretty damn accurate too........could the silly reading be something i set wrong i no longer have the instructions but when i put in wheel size which is 2116 which i accurately measured out but since setting this exact setting the max spped has had some interesting readings to say the least yet everything else is spot on :unsure: i would buy a new one but i love gadgets packed with features and that look good but nothing online or in any shops looks or has similar features as this one any help much appreciated :smile:

Attachments

• My pics1073.jpg
    My pics1073.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 86

ventoux50

I reckon you must have measured the wheel incorrectly !

Have you still got the instructions ? I'd try again.

or buy a new one !

:whistle:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
"around 5 or 6 yrs ago"

Change the battery and see what happens. Low batteries are a big cause of spurious readings, and if they're getting really low then they do struggle in colder weather.

Your wheel measurement, even if a little inaccurate, wouldn't give a speed reading quite that whacky.

OP
OP
deano69

deano69

Veteran
"around 5 or 6 yrs ago"

Change the battery and see what happens. Low batteries are a big cause of spurious readings, and if they're getting really low then they do struggle in colder weather.

Your wheel measurement, even if a little inaccurate, wouldn't give a speed reading quite that whacky.

cheers for that the battery in it was new...ish but will change and try again :biggrin:

OP
OP
deano69

deano69

Veteran
I reckon you must have measured the wheel incorrectly !

Have you still got the instructions ? I'd try again.

or buy a new one !

:whistle:

no instructions lost, i still know all the settings just about.. but wheel setting is first 2 set which i did by marking tyre with straight line against a drawn on line on floor then turning wheel one full turn till line on tyre reaches its mark then measure between which is 2116mm exactly

subaqua

What’s the point
cold weather can do this. as can a strong magnetic field.

I went on the tube with my bike last week ( early early morning) and the puter was telling me i was riding backwards at 70mph as the sensor was picking up the magnetic feilds from the HV cabling/motors on the tube

OP
OP
deano69

deano69

Veteran
cheers for all your helpful comments everyone, it was cheap but its been ok up until now i even downloaded sports tracker app on my nokia but thats very accurate speed wise but loses gps signal now and then grrrr i can,t bloody win lol :laugh: ..........................

Djano

Hey Deano69. I know it's incredible, but I just bought exactely the same computer than you ! In a secondhand store !
It's seems that it's running ok but I don't have the notice and I dont know how to calibrate the wheel, the temperature etc.

Do you still have the notice ??

Thanks

D

Deleted member 1258

Is it wired or wireless? if its wireless its posible something has affected the signal

Top Bottom