Cycle Facilities Result

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Result.....

We are getting a decent, covered, secure, swipe card access, cycle parking facility very soon - for 20 bikes. Just met with one of our Estates guys and dicusssed the location etc.

Also, they are looking into showers and changing - there is a single shower that was being looked into, but the site foreman pointed out some old changing rooms - with 7-8 showers inside - wouldn't take much work to make them unisex, so the estates fella is going to look into costings. :evil:

The showers are within 30 metres of the bike parking, and close to the offices...

Oh I'm so excited - no more carrying a waterproof bike cover round. Just got to make sure the staff use it now, rather than sneek their bikes into their offices. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
That is a great result, fossy! Bike shelter and showers...all of your Christmases have come at once!

fossyant said:
Result.....

We are getting a decent, covered, secure, swipe card access, cycle parking facility very soon - for 20 bikes. Just met with one of our Estates guys and dicusssed the location etc.
Congrats. Sounds very fancy we recently got a secure storage facility at the work too, its just an old steel/ mesh cage that used to hold an air con unit that had been redundant for 30 years before they thought about removing it.

We've talked about showers too but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edit PS our store only has locking points for 4 bikes although its got room for more.

Maz

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Can't you just install hairdryers? :becool::biggrin:;)
We used to have hairdryers in our shower room. If you stuck rain-soaked wet socks or gloves over the nozzles at full blast, they dried out in next to no time.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Maz said:
We used to have hairdryers in our shower room. If you stuck rain-soaked wet socks or gloves over the nozzles at full blast, they dried out in next to no time.

Grim !!!

We'll here is hoping - we are getting a number of storage facilities and showers across the various campus locations - I'm happy as our campus is re-locating in 3-4 years, so we didn't think they would spend any cash. At least the cycle 'pound' can be moved to a new location eventually - that cost about £10k. In the new campus, we think it's going to be state of the art facilities..... proposals are a 70 plus bike compound, with showers and drying facilities - all located within the same area - so no walking to the showers....but that's some years away....

Hugo15

Über Member
I had a quick check today and the new electric showers that are being installed are making good progress. Hopefully they will be back in use very soon.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Whoooo - new secure sheds will be installed by the 12th September, and showers within a month. I've also got access to a secure compound at the main campus, so can ride in for meetings without worrying about getting the bike stolen.

Just in time for when the student's arrive and throw their bikes all over the place.... Staff only in this new 'facility'.....

Top Bottom