Cycle-friendly employer goes the extra wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnyjim

Work was planning to put in some new bike sheds at work over the weekend :smile:.

Unfortunately one of them was due to be built over a paved area where I normally park my trike :laugh:

Arrived this morning to find the new shed has been built to leave a nice little trike-width-ed space at one end.;)

As I rolled into the space, the man-in-chage-of-doing-things-like-getting-bikesheds-built came up to see how well it fitted! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I did ask what they would do when everyone turned up on trikes, but apparently this isn't thought to be a problem in the immediate future.

Ben M

sunnyjim said:
I did ask what they would do when everyone turned up on trikes, but apparently this isn't thought to be a problem in the immediate future.

hehe :smile:

Sounds like you have a nice employer.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Excellent! So nice in this day and age when someone takes the trouble to think of someone else like that. Hats off to them.:smile:

D4VOW

Wish my employers were like that. I have to hide my bike in the warehouse and each time it's found move it into another place lol.

Will1985

Über Member
D4VOW said:
Wish my employers were like that. I have to hide my bike in the warehouse and each time it's found move it into another place lol.
You shouldn't have to - is there a car park where employees can leave their vehicles? If there is, it stands to reason that you should be entitled to have somewhere to put your bike.

D4VOW

Will1985 said:
You shouldn't have to - is there a car park where employees can leave their vehicles? If there is, it stands to reason that you should be entitled to have somewhere to put your bike.

There is, a couple of pathetic thin mild steel stands that are very easy to cut through. Therefore my bike goes inside regardless of how many times I'm warned about it. I just tell them that when they provide decent facilities I'll start using them.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
At my work, theres no facilities to park your car.
The downstairs stockroom that isnt really used is where my bike waits for me to finish work.
Its great, its really safe, out of the way and when i just go into town i can leave my bike in there aswell:thumbsup::biggrin::thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Once, bike stands were put up in front of the main entrance to the glitzy tinted glass office block where I used to work. This was next to where guys used to park their motorbikes, and just opposite the executive car park. Super!

Then the MD got back from his holiday... He flew into a rage that anyone could be so stupid as to put a bike stand near to the spot where he parked his Ferrari. Motorbikes were sexy, so them parking nearby was fine, but bloody bicycles! :biggrin:

When I left work that evening, the bike stands had been taken away and thrown into a skip. Someone fished them back out a couple of days later and re-erected them out of sight round the back of the production block.

eatmydust

aw kind employers! i wouldn't trust my precious out in the car park at the mercy of the locals so i carry mine upstairs and secrete it to the corner of my room at work, disguised behind chairs and plants... then hang my damp(ish) clothes all around it!
nobody at work has said NOT to yet

OP
OP
sunnyjim

sunnyjim

Reading some of the things people here have to put up with, I seem to be pretty lucky with employer in this respect at least. I haven't counted them, but I there's about 300 bike spaces, a few fixed track pumps, and 14 showers (For about 2000 peeps on the site). I think Edinburg council have rules for large employers, so maybe not entirely due to bike-friendly management.
The only thing they really hate is employees wasting time on internet forms during working hours.......<futively sends post and brings up screen of hard sums>

Top Bottom