Cycle Insurance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LottieFirenZo

Any one got their bike covered?
I am currently looking for cover for my bike so I can use it to commute to university. Once at uni, my bike is stored in a locked bike area, with CCTV and then locked to a wall inside.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience and recommendations of insurers.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Dont jump to the conclusion that the cameras are working.

I would try CTC. I am not sure what they cover though.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Specific bike policies may attach ridiculous conditions regarding the strength of lock and solidity of fixing point. As mentioned above, extending home contents insurance may well be the best bet.

OP
OP
LottieFirenZo

LottieFirenZo

Okay cool. I have five solid bike locks that I am going to use.
They only worry that I have with my home insurance is that they don't allow me to get my bike from the shop of my choice. They deal with Halfords (a shop that I hate). I thought that most cycle specific insurers would be better? I'll carry on and have a look around. Thanks again for all your help. :smile:

I have just renewed and went with E&L insurance in the end as home insurance was not competitive with the bike added on, paid upfront to save on the interest of taking credit to pay monthly. I do also have personal liability through British Cycling and my Union subs.

I used to be with Ensleigh as a combined bike/contents policy but they weren't the best deal this year for the first time in 5/6 years.

Hope that helps:thumbsup:

BenM

Veteran
as home insurance was not competitive with the bike added on,
not my experience... extending home contents costs me £8.63 or something a year, covers bike(s) of up to £2000 value covered at home or anywhere else as long as it is locked outside home. That's on house contents insurance. One of the main reasons for staying with the current insurer is because getting separate insurance for the Orca would cost something in the region of the saving I might make by changing :smile:

Top Bottom