Cycle Partner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tombo 707

Hi I am looking for a cycle parner to do a tour with. I live in Shetland and have not yet met someone who likes touring. The Shetland wheelers the most northern cycle club in Great Britain who I am a member of do not have any other members who are into touring. So I am looking out there in cycle chat land to see if there is someone to tour with. Regards Tombo

jely

Hi Tombo, i wish i could help but i'm afraid i would probably be too slow for you. i'm heading around Wales in August but i'm going to be taking my sweet time and will be stopping off to do some trekking too... hope you find someone suitable though!! :wacko:

jags

Guru
tell us more tombo what age are you ,,are you looking for someone in your age groop any plans on where to go ,hotels, b/b hostals,or fully loaded camping.what about distance or even time and when are you planning on going,you need some kind of a plan..

Bigtallfatbloke

if anybody want to ride along with me on my pending tour for a stretch just show up...especially if you are female, blonde,blue eyes ,fit, tanned, 25-40 , rich with a thing about long haired rocker type cyclists:biggrin:;):smile:.

Bigtallfatbloke

How long are you away for.

no idea...as long as it takes I guess.

stephenjubb

Über Member
I started touring early 2007. Early learning tours were South of England, Iceland (Aug 2007) and then Portugal (christmas 2007/8). I learnt from each one so that I have gradually gained more experience to the point I know lots about bikes/camping/touring etc and can easily solo tour if need be.

I am planning in mid to late aug (depending on commitments) to start from edinburgh cycling up the east coast, along the northern coast and down to glasgow. It takes as long as it takes.

Generally don't do hotels (too expensive)/youth hostels(dislike snorers) but can always change my mind if circumstances are favourable, so will be mainly camping sites (where the fee is not extortionate i.e. less than £7, occasionally may pay £10 if warranted). It no campsite then wild camping, which I've done before and is brilliant. Don't mind B&B once a week for £30 approx.

Generally I do around 40-60 miles a day, don't get up until 9am and start touring at 11am. Love to take my time, eat lots, drink beer and enjoy the holiday.

Don't like to spend lots when touring (that way you can tour for longer or eat more) but I like to spend on quality kit.

I am 36, no wife/grilfriend, reasonably fit, though I know cycling will be hard in the hills, but worth it. I am quite easy to get on with and take life in its stride.

We may be able to arrange a tour?

Let us know some more info about yourself.

cheers

Steve Jubb

Top Bottom