cycle path between crawley and horsham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmcn1965

hi,
george here - you know why - the 'A' roads beteen these two towns - or the only road - is a scary place to be...
anybody know where i can find it?
somebody told me there is one..
george

hi,
george here - you know why - the 'A' roads beteen these two towns - or the only road - is a scary place to be...
anybody know where i can find it?
somebody told me there is one..
george
Look on the opencyclemap
The cycle track looks like it goes south out of Crawley to Pease Pottage.
Then its off the track but down B roads west to Horsham via Colgate.

Luck ......... :biggrin:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Nope that isn't it.

There is a new cycle route (nb not an off road cycle path), it is signed for the most part but many of the signs had grey paint on them last time I was out that way awaiting the safety audit. It leaves Crawley via Ifield and goes through Langhurstwood. Quite a nice ride in the main.

One MAJOR problem with the new route. The route has to cross the A264 (unrestricted dual carriageway) to the north of Horsham. The council built the rest of the route, without sorting the crossing due to 'land ownership issues' i.e. they don't own the land they need. So your faced with a tricky, esp at peak hours crossing of that road. Best bet it to use the Rusper Road roundabout.

The route is shown in overview on this map

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
I used to use the Pease Pottage to Horsham road many moons ago and there was a small pub halfway at Colgate and could not resist a pint of King and Barnes .

Leave Crawley into Ifield west, follow Hyde drive , then Fairways, then find the bridleway which runs behind the houses, turn North, and follow through wood, it then becomes Kilnwood lane, follow towards Faygate. At Cross roads go straight ahead into Wimlands lane follow to Crossroads, turn left into Wimlands road, go downhill past the frog and nightgown pub, before the railway level crossing turn right into bridleway and follow to owl castle farm, stay on the bridleway until the Rusper road, turn left and follow to Roundabout, cross over then follow Rusper road through Littlehaven to roundabout which is the Junction of 5 roads, take Kings road, follow B1295 to Horsham station.

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Is the Frog and Nightgown still going Ticktockmy ? That has got to be one of the strangest pubs ever ?

Tony

I always used the Mucky Duck at Pease Pottage. If I ride in to Horsham from Crawley, I use the main road and hack as hard as I can until the Old Road turn off. One thing I try to avoid is doing it at night, though.

iwantanewbike

Über Member
Frog and Nightgown reopened a couple of years ago now and the Dragon has been refurbished and looks the part now. Both nice places!

Top Bottom