cycle-promotion events...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its worth a look you never know what you might find there

Danny

Legendary Member
They are a good place to go for things like inner tubes, tyres, and chains. And a couple years ago I got my son an Altura Night Vision jacket for half price.

But they also sell quite a lot of rubbish. I bought a mini pump for something like £8, which broke the third time a used it. I was on cycling on my own in the middle of nowhere when this happened and had to put an emergency call into my other half to drive out and rescue me.

postman

Legendary Member
This is the company that does The York Rally.Don't get carried away.Cos you can pick up some good stuff.We are going to the wharehouse near Barnsley early next year.My mates loaded up for the LEJOG with their stuff.Saved a packet.

simoncc

They are great. I mainly get tyres, inner tubes, brake and gear cables, 7 and 8 speed cassettes, brake blocks, Ron Hill leggings, chains and wheels from them. There are some real bargains, some cheap tat and quite a bit of stuff that can be bought cheaper elsewhere. For example, the latest groupset bits and pieces are on sale but not particularly cheap.

Once I got a very cheap Giro helmet but usually helmets are about the same price as in my LBS.

yello

I agree with simoncc's assessment; some good stuff, some tat but all-in-all worth going. Like others, I used them to stock up on tubes, 8sp chains, etc. Maintenance stuff really. I don't think much of the clothes they have though I did get an Altura Nevis jacket for £30... which I wore only a handful of times! That's not their fault though, I'm just pleased I didn't pay more for it!

Top Bottom