Cycle rage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

********Rant warning********

Old Kent Road this morning.

I come to a slow stop at the lights, chap behind ploughs into the back of me.

He untangles himself, and rides on...across the red (scattering peds) then to my disgust, turns and offers a mouth full to me...for stopping at the red!!

Light turns green (after a frustratingly long time) and I catch up with the guy (Wild horses couldn’t have stopped me at this point) and I have to admit that I loose it with him. I wasn’t angry he rammed into me, nor that he failed to apologise. I wasn't even angry that he chose to then run the red. But I was furious that he turned and mouthed off to me, then pedalled like mad to try and loose me...total coward.

sigh, glad I got that off my chest.

sorry for the rant.

What a pr@t (choose any derogatory word to insert) :angry:

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
I cycle down old kent road most days as i live down the road to you in Bickley.

I have had a few people nearly hit me up the rear as i stop at red lights. never had any abuse myself but have been thrown a few dirty looks.

Is not a nice road to ride along and about a year ago me and one of the guys that works with me was cought up in the cross fire of a gang fight up by the big chinese towards Newcross.

i feel your pain lol

********Rant warning********

Old Kent Road this morning.

I come to a slow stop at the lights, chap behind ploughs into the back of me.

He untangles himself, and rides on...across the red (scattering peds) then to my disgust, turns and offers a mouth full to me...for stopping at the red!!

Light turns green (after a frustratingly long time) and I catch up with the guy (Wild horses couldn’t have stopped me at this point) and I have to admit that I loose it with him. I wasn’t angry he rammed into me, nor that he failed to apologise. I wasn't even angry that he chose to then run the red. But I was furious that he turned and mouthed off to me, then pedalled like mad to try and loose me...total coward.

sigh, glad I got that off my chest.

sorry for the rant.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1187785"]
I would have rode him into the kerb, taken his bike and locked it up with my lock and then rode off. What an peanut.
[/quote]

When I caught up with him, I did loose it (it was a red mist moment for me I'm afriad). He was clearly shocked/shaken and resulted to ride into me (causing me to loose my chain), then he jumped onto the pavement and rode back the way he'd come, standing up on his pedals as he did.

Looking back, it was probably a good thing for us both that i lost my chain as it has allowed me time to cool down.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
When I caught up with him, I did loose it (it was a red mist moment for me I'm afriad). He was clearly shocked/shaken and resulted to ride into me (causing me to loose my chain), then he jumped onto the pavement and rode back the way he'd come, standing up on his pedals as he did.

Looking back, it was probably a good thing for us both that i lost my chain as it has allowed me time to cool down.

That Contador, always upsetting people and then taking advantage of s skipped chain. :tongue:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm with Lee on this one. Hope I run into the nutter one day

Must admit though I've just started cycling down the OKR again after a few months going through Greenwich cos of the roadworks. I've found there's fewer rlj'ers on the Old Kent than on Jamaica Road but I go through quite early 7ish so not too many cyclists around.

I was actually going to post today that I think they've done a great job on New Cross, they just need to level the road surface at the split and it'll be even better.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
People running into the back of you... happened to me once and like you I was the one blamed as I stopped for red. What is it with these imbeciles? Pay attention to the road ahead you ferknuts!

Today there where a couple of cyclists following me in Deptford, light tuned red. I got there first, Mr "all the gear and no idea" decided to go round and stop in front on me, followed by Mrs "hi viz commuting uniform" who decided to do the same and nearly ran into him whilst blocking me in the process. As the the light turned green, who was first out of the blocks and away? yeah me, bloody dopes.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Twice a day, each way :ohmy: touch wood it has never happened to me. I've had other cyclist undertake me at lights perhaps they would of hit me from behind if I'd been too close to the kerb :wacko:h

sorry I meant the stopping in front of me at lights. Only once has a guy nearly run into the back of me at a red and I politely explained that if he did it again he wouldn't be happy

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
No one has ever physically run into the back of me at the lights/junctions. I think I'd have a few choice words.

I hate that plonk-yerself-ahead attitude too. They've just seen me riding at around just under 30 passing others and themselves,so why plonk themselves there in front. Thankfully not as many cyclists her as in London so thats rare. But it is frustrating and comical in equal measures.

Top Bottom