Cycle Shops in Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Hello I'm going to be hopefully getting a road bike soon, but I have no idea where to get it from. There are two places I know of near by, Evans and Halfords, but from reading another topic in this forum I've seen Halfords seems to have a bad rep here, why? Anyway I will be looking at buying a road bike in the price range of 300 - 500 pounds.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
GBHGBHGBH

garrilla

It's OK. I wasn't implying you should of found that one, I was just posting it as I rembered it.

This site thrives on duplication and repetition.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
aJohnson said:
...but from reading another topic in this forum I've seen Halfords seems to have a bad rep here, why?
Experiences of them are mixed.

They sell some good bikes (Boardmans, Carerras), but can be a bit hit and miss about the setup before handover to you, and indifferent to your presence in the shop at times. If your local one is good, and you like the bikes, they can be a good bet though.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

John the Monkey said:
Experiences of them are mixed.

They sell some good bikes (Boardmans, Carerras), but can be a bit hit and miss about the setup before handover to you, and indifferent to your presence in the shop at times. If your local one is good, and you like the bikes, they can be a good bet though.

Ok well the one I was looking at from them was "Boardman Road Bike Comp SC" http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_556651_langId_-1_categoryId_165710 But I will probably going to the local Halfords over the weekend to find out about sizes ect..

Matt

Best place to go in my opinion is bike shak in altrincham (right next to tram stop). I got my allez in there for about 500 and it's super. Can't reccomend that shop enough, they are really helpful. Give them a ring and they will tell you what's the best bit of kit for your money.

Www.bikeshak.co.uk

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Matt said:
Best place to go in my opinion is bike shak in altrincham (right next to tram stop). I got my allez in there for about 500 and it's super. Can't reccomend that shop enough, they are really helpful. Give them a ring and they will tell you what's the best bit of kit for your money.

Www.bikeshak.co.uk

Ooof now I have a tough choice, Bike Shak or Halfords, I'm leaning towards Bike Shak as I've heard many negative reviews about Halfords.

Top Bottom