Cycle Social

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieBoy

I've been a member here a couple of months now - is worth a mention. The site is like face book but just for UK cyclists. It's definately getting popular now and the best of both worlds wit the forums and the networking aspect... As I say, worth a mention! You'll find it at www.cyclesocial.co.uk
Best
Charlie

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry, it seems to be another 'buy before you try' site and I never sign up to sites that I can't check out first. Sites should let anyone browse a significant part of their content, but perhaps only allow full access to members.

ACS

Legendary Member
ColinJ said:
Sorry, it seems to be another 'buy before you try' site and I never sign up to sites that I can't check out first. Sites should let anyone browse a significant part of their content, but perhaps only allow full access to members.

+1

How about a guest account with read only rights?

OP
OP
C

CharlieBoy

It's a free site entirely, but I appreciate the sentiment about not seeing beyond the home page. I guess also it might not be everyone's cup of tea if what you are looking for is a straight forum set-up I guess. I have to say, I've got a lot from it so far, really like it, but it's not as busy as this site... Maybe in time they'll open it right up and more members will come??
Cheers

TVC

I tend not to buy things from shops where they won't let you look at the goods before you buy. Same here.

Shaun

Founder
Seems it's not only people who can't see it - Google can't index most of the pages either. Check the results, they're virtually all the same text in Google's listings.

Is there a reason why the site can't be read-only for unregistered visitors?

oxbob

Be careful, they are forming a cyclogs team!

buggi

Bird Saviour
well, you can't look at facebook unless you join, so i don't see the difference. it never stopped millions of people joining that. i'll probably have a go later.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I go there...it's a well set up site imho, I like the way you get a blog and ability to host your own photo albums etc...all that's lacking is traffic I reckon...good site.

Shaun

Founder
BTW - I wasn't criticising, just curious as to why you couldn't have a peek before joining ... ;)

Top Bottom