Cycle to School

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Was anyone aware of this?

http://www.bikeforall.net/content/cycling_to_school.php

I've got 2 school age kids, not heard a thing.

Got my CTC email yesterday, checked it this morning and the link was on there. After the fact of course.

Thought I'd ask around before I came to the conclusion that these things are just self serving little exercises with very limited and unsuccessful advertising.

I'd like to see figures as to how much this idea affected cycling numbers during such an ideal week, weather wise.....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was sent the information ages ago ... but forgot nearer the event ... on the other hand my youngest cycles every day anyway, and the middle one can't on the days she has clubs so it didn't make any difference to us. And the sun brought out the bikes this week... definately more crowded this week in the bike shed at school.

Jaded

Didn't hear anything about it, but got the kids to cycle the 5 miles to school on two days. So we did our bit!

I'm aiming to get them to cycle in two days a week this summer term. That's the same number of times as we did all year last year. :becool:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I would cycle to school but i could leave it in the morning and it would either be gone, have bits mising, be bent, or be drawn on.
There was abit about this on the local news. A school round here got a load of kids to cycle to school in a group with teachers. That was about the most i heard about it.

mickle said:
Ms Mickle heard naught and she's a primary school Head 'Mistress'.

You married the cute primary school teacher? Tell me she has red hair too!!

[/end Charlie Brown]

Top Bottom