Cycle to work. Salford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ellis

Guru
Im employed by Salford City council. I alrdeay commute to work on my bike but want a new bike. So trying to find out if the Salford council has a cycle to work scheme. Im going to email them in the morning. Was wondering if anyone of here works for them and knows if there is a cycle scheme?

Hope there is...

simoncc

I hope Salford have the scheme. A couple of years ago I worked for the Department of Work and Pensions, obviously part of the government that promotes the scheme. They didn't run it, had no plans to do so, and the office where I worked had lost its bike shed a couple of years before when the when the car park was redesigned and resurfaced. Their were no showers or other facilities for cyclists whatsoever. The place was festooned with posters telling us of the benefits of exercise and the need to save the planet in various ways.

DLB

My sister works for Manchester city council and told me thay have a cycle to work scheme. Not sure if that means Salford will have one though. Are they completely seperate councils?

OP
OP
E

ellis

Guru
yeah there seperate councils. ill send an email off now will be quite shocking if they dont really. ta. here's hoping.

OP
OP
E

ellis

Guru
Good news there is a cycle2work scheme. Plenty of bike shops avaliable to choose from as well which is good. You have to have been employed by Salford for 12 months before you can use the scheme though. :angry:

6 months short.. :smile: Oh well stick to the hybrid for a bit longer :blush:

OP
OP
E

ellis

Guru
Yay!

I can get the bike through my mum who is also employed through the council.

Now to start looking round the bike shops. choices choices...

Top Bottom