CycleChat Saddle Library [Now closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
How to borrow a saddle.

If you want to borrow a saddle, please read the following info.

If you have suggestions/saddles for loan etc, please contact me via PM.

There are two methods of lending:

1. A central "pool" of saddles which I will look after and post out. These are not for sale.

2. Saddles available for loan directly from owners. These might be available for sale according to the owner.

1 - Library pool saddles:
You need to have a post count of 150 or over.
Contact me by PM and let me know what you'd like to borrow.
A small fee to cover postage, packing and PayPal fees (if paying that way) will be requested. Once received, the saddle will be posted to you.
The saddle can be borrowed for approx one month, it must then be posted back to me.

2 - Directly from owner:
You need to have a post count of 150 or over.
Contact the owner by PM, check it is available and arrange the terms of the loan with them directly.
Please contact me so I can update the listing!
A deposit of may be requested, it is up to the saddle owner. Postage fees will need to be paid direct to the owner.
The owner may want to sell the saddle - if this is the case, please PM me and I will remove it from the library.
Any overdue loans will be named and shamed!

Disclaimers:
If saddles are damaged or broken the borrower will need to contact the owner/me. Offering a new replacement is the decent thing to do but it is up to the owner whether they accept this offer.
Admin (Shaun) does not undertake any responsibility for the saddle library.
I'm doing this on a voluntary basis, so be nice please! :smile:

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Saddles for Loan

Men's saddles:
Men's Selle Italia Gel
View attachment 13552 View attachment 13553 - option to buy - contact srw

ISCA gents' touring/audax style saddle - option to buy - contact Gerry Attrick

Fizik Pave CX sport (white) – with option to buy - £35 - contact redjedi

Fizik Pave CX - contact gaz

Planet-X Superlight Team (similar to a Fizik Arione though not quite as flat) - contact MajorMantra

San Marco Rolls made for Raleigh - contact MacB

Selle Italia Flite - contact MajorMantra

Specialized Alias 143 - contact gaz

Specialized Body Geometry - contact MacB

Madison G18 Gel Suspension Saddle - contact Baggy

Women's saddles:
Women's specialized BG Riva in white/silver
Women's specialized BG nameless, but looks just like the Riva/Dolce - in white
View attachment 13555 View attachment 13556 View attachment 13554 View attachment 13557 -option to buy - contact srw

Madison L24Z Ladies’ Gel - option to buy - contact Gerry Attrick

Selle Italia Lady Genuine Gel - contact Baggy (on loan)

Madison L28 Suspension Gel saddle - contact Baggy

Terry Liberator ladies - option to buy - contact Gerry Attrick

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
A post count of 200 or over?

It'll be a while before I can participate then! Maybe I should just start making inane and pointless posts to boost my 'credibility'. :ohmy:

wakou

Über Member
No sarcasm there, sorry if it came over that way, just that the thread is not very active, (2 years, no posts) I genuinely think it is a brilliant idea. It will take some major spamming on my part to be able to take part though.. :sad:

Saddles for Loan

Men's saddles:

ISCA gents' touring/audax style saddle - option to buy - contact Gerry Attrick

Fizik Pave CX sport (white) – with option to buy - £35 - contact redjedi

Fizik Pave CX - contact Baggy

Planet-X Superlight Team (similar to a Fizik Arione though not quite as flat) - contact MajorMantra

San Marco Rolls made for Raleigh - contact MacB

Selle Italia Flite - contact MajorMantra

Specialized Alias 143 - contact Baggy (on loan!)

Specialized Body Geometry - contact MacB

Women's saddles:

Madison L24Z Ladies’ Gel - option to buy - contact Gerry Attrick

Selle Italia Lady Genuine Gel - contact Baggy

Terry Liberator ladies - option to buy - contact Gerry Attrick
hello am just new have had my new bike for 2 weeks now would be on everyday with this lovely weather but saddle sore and its stopping me should i get a new seat or cover or just try persevere sorry wasent sure were to post

Panter

Just call me Chris...
hello am just new have had my new bike for 2 weeks now would be on everyday with this lovely weather but saddle sore and its stopping me should i get a new seat or cover or just try persevere sorry wasent sure were to post

Assuming there aren't any other problems, I'd imagine it's just that you're still getting used to it.
If you want some more comprehensive answers, put a post in here and you'll get lots of help :smile:

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
No sarcasm there, sorry if it came over that way, just that the thread is not very active, (2 years, no posts) I genuinely think it is a brilliant idea. It will take some major spamming on my part to be able to take part though.. :sad:
The thread isn't very active, but people have been contacting me without necessarily posting on here. I need to update the library and to have a look at updating the terms and conditions (probably including the minimum post count), which I will do soon when I have a bit of spare time, unfortunately I've been very busy of late.
If your post count hasn't reached 200 and you're interested in trying something out, you can always PM me!

Den1966

i was going to splash out on a decent saddle but i went with the charge spoon from wiggle , fine till your about 25/30miles into a ride , bit sore after that ..my search continues..:bicycle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom