CycleChatters in the Bible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Just reading and reviewing a book on Old Testament Theology on behalf of a UK magazine and I've found a rather amusing quote from the book of Job which I felt could be a description of Joe24. Here goes:

"Intelligent people will tell me,
and discerning people agree
that Joe24 does not know what he is talking about,
and there is no sense in his words.
Would that Joe24 were seriously examined,
on account of replies like those of the wicked!
He adds rebellion to his sins,
and multiplies words against The Mods."

(Job 34:34-37, with Joe24 for Job and The Mods for God)

Any other obvious biblical references to CycleChatters?

(with apologies to Joe for singling him out; it could just as easily have been bonj but the similarities between Joe and Job were too significant to ignore!)

zimzum42

Legendary Member

Globalti

Legendary Member
...and God said to the cyclist: "Come forth!"

But the cyclist came fifth and won a plastic teapot.

Davidc

Guru
Exodus somewhere:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's bicycle, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's tricycle, nor his Brooks saddle, nor his Dawes, nor his Giant, nor his Thorn, nor any human powered thing that is thy neighbour's.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
!

betty swollocks

large member
Proverbs 21:9
"It is better to dwell in a corner of the house-top with one bike, than with a brawling woman in a wide house and loads of bikes."

Davidc

Guru
Luke 12:

17And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to keep my bicycles?
18And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I keep all my bicycles and my spare parts.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
And here we have a biblical description of Aperitif:

"A champion named Aperitif, who was from Hounslow, came out of the CycleChat camp. He was over nine feet tall. He had a cycling helmet on his head and wore a jersey of bronze lycra weighing five thousand shekels; on his legs he wore bronze tights and a bronze track-pump was slung on his back. His Veneto frame was like a weaver's rod and it weighed six hundred shekels." (1 Samuel 17:4-7)

Top Bottom