Cyclecraft is "destroying" UK cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonesy

Guru
Well, his statement would also be true if utility cycling had increased more than sports cycling, e.g.:

Sports cycling used to comprise 95% UK cycling ("almost all"), leisure and utility cycling used to comprise 5%.

Sports cycling has not decreased but now comprises 80% UK cycling (a significant majority but arguably not "almost all"), leisure and utility cycling have massively increased and now comprise 20%.

Note all figures plucked out of thin air to illustrate a point. This map is not to scale. This graph has no labels on the axis etc.

Well, against a trend in which total cycling has decreased over the period in question then one would have to have fallen if the other had increased, but that is besides the point, which is that blockend's statement simply isn't true, and note that he hasn't attempted to provide any supporting evidence.

blockend

I'm responding in kind to the rudeness you've demonstrated earlier in this thread...
Where? So far I've been accused of insulting people I haven't, wanting everyone on cycle tracks when I don't, been subjected to totally unwarranted abuse, had my questions systematically ignored and have had more words put in my mouth than a Call My Bluff contestant. You may as well point out my 'rudeness'.

Frankly, if this is the public face of cycle campaigning, I'm not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom