cyclesurgery.co.uk - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Hi, has anyone here bought some kit from 'cyclesurgery' .co.uk ?

I ordered some tyres because they were much cheaper than other on-line shops. I'd not seen them before (the shop) but decided to give them a try as they appear to have stores all over the country, so I thought that they could be trusted.

Anyway, no emails, no tyres, and the order status is still 'pending'! They did claim that the tyres were in stock, so why the long delay!

Are they just very very slow or what?

peanut

unless Cyclesurgery have a special offer on the tyres I would say they appear to be rather expensive on everything else.
I usually use something like a 105 10spd cassette as a guide when checking prices between shops .
Cyclesurgery are charging £50.00 and Ribble Cycles are charging £33.00 for the same item ???http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/Produ...rodPerPage=999&CatID=62&BCat=1,62&RootCatID=1

peanut

tundragumski said:
the tyres were definitely cheap - £14 a pair cheaper than CRC, and £21 less the RRP (per pair)

and what was the tyre price at Ribble ?

Chances are that cyclesurgery doesn't have a live updating website so if it says it has stock of an item it probably hasn't updated the website for days weeks even months.
Once some retailers have your money they order the part and ignore your emails hoping you get the part within a week and don't complain too much.
Only live stock update site I know of is ebuyer.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Cheers GrahamG - that's what I was thinking - anyway, I'll have to wait now - will know for next time; not that there will be a next time!

...and Ribble don't sell them.

Will1985

Über Member
You mean cyclesurgery.com? They are an established retailer like Evans, found mostly in London. I've also seen them in Manchester and Birmingham.

I find that they have mostly overpriced stuff online and instore.

peanut

tundragumski said:
Cheers GrahamG - that's what I was thinking - anyway, I'll have to wait now - will know for next time; not that there will be a next time!

...and Ribble don't sell them.

sorry that you didn't like my answer . At least I bothered to spend some time responding to you and checking prices etc

Maybe next time you should tell us what reply you'd like to receive :biggrin::biggrin:;)

jay clock

Massive member
I bought a helmet from them last week. £80 reduce to £56. They posted within 2 days but post office took 5 days to deliver. I called the company the day before it arrived and they answered the phone promptly and said give it one more day and they would send another, but then it did arrive

So my experience was absolutely fine and a great price (Giro Pneumo)

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
What's up Peanut? you asked what price they were are Ribble and I said that Ribble don't sell them - that's all!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It's in the Snow and Rock upstairs in Bristol - we were in looking for liner gloves which they had in Snow and Rock but I might go there if I needed a cable or something on a Sunday when other LBS's were shut. Mr Summerdays tends to do his bike tinkering on a Sunday which can lead to problems if you cut a cable too short etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got one near me - Snow and Rock based store. OK for offers....got my Spech BG mits at a much reduced price -otherwise it's expensive - not done mail order with them though.

Will1985

Über Member
climbthis said:
Avoid CycleSurgery.com if you have any problems they are not interested once they have your money - you have been warned.
50% of posts against cyclesurgery and trawling up an old thread....someone isn't happy! This is what you risk when buying online - much like buying a bike from Halfords it is best to make sure that everything is fine at an LBS before riding.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Aren't the stores all Snow and Rock based now? I've only ever bought lights from them (instore) and their instore price turned out to be much higher than their online one, (which prompted my visit the store). They were fine about pricematching however - maybe realised a sale at internet price was better than no sale at all!

Top Bottom