Cycling Across Canada 09 - Looking for Buddy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I'm looking for a female partner around 18-20

...I can be that;);):biggrin:

Beware: Cranky old git posting:biggrin:

OP
OP
O

olihaydon

I'm confused and scared...mainly confused. I'm a dude, I wanted a female partner because it would restore the balance of the universe, and we'd probably end up getting on better than two guys competing over who can do the most pedal strokes in an hour. I'm not some wierd desperate guy and I was hoping that the replies would be people interested in the idea, not random questions....

rich p

ridiculous old lush
olihaydon said:
I'm confused and scared...mainly confused. I'm a dude, I wanted a female partner because it would restore the balance of the universe, and we'd probably end up getting on better than two guys competing over who can do the most pedal strokes in an hour. I'm not some wierd desperate guy and I was hoping that the replies would be people interested in the idea, not random questions....

I wouldn't say random, they all focus on one issue!

I don't wish to be rude but most single, youing girls are going to be a bit apprehensive about teaming up with a complete stranger, I suspect.

Plax

Guru
I'm not single or young. However I am female! If I hadn't comittments (you know crappy job, stroppy partner (only joking on that one he's lovely really!) and a mortgage etc) then I'd certainly be up for something like this after checking you out and discussing with family etc.
Maybe you could put a local add up, or perhaps webpage about yourself/what the tour would entail. This would allow potential partners to initially see if they like you, what would be expected of them etc.
Then they could contact you to arrange telephone call for a chat and than a meeting in person (after of course telling friend/family member what they'd be doing in case you turned out to be a mad axe murderer).
If the meeting went well then hey presto. You know you get on well and travel plans can commence! Perhaps it would be better with say 4 of you 2 x male, 2 x female so both girlies feel safer and this should curb the competitiveness somewhat between the boys as you'd be going the pace of the girls or you'd get a bent ear!

OP
OP
O

olihaydon

I know I know it's a little forward just asking for a female partner, but the idea of this post and many others is to find somebody who's interested in the idea and is free for 2/3rd of 2009, It's not as if once they say they like the idea I won't see them until Day 1 of the cycle, I just don't want to write essays on who I am and stuff until I find someone who shares the same interest as me for this trip. I have profiles all over the place, on Mangotree, myspace, facebook, www.olihaydon.com and I'm happy to talk to anyone who's interested...

...and as for the bear comment...that's just not helpful at all really? is it?

x

Cathryn

Legendary Member
You can be big and brave and protect your female riding partner, and then she'll fall in love with you, fly into your arms and you can cycle off into the sunset together!

I'm so excited for you!

xilios

Veteran
olihaydon said:
Hello!!! I finally got past the "Type the first character of Cycling" test and Now I'm here!

I'm planning on cycling from St Johns in Newfoundland on the Atlantic Coast of Canada, 9000km west to Vancouver on the Pacific Coast. I'm planning on going in February/March to both fit in with Uni terms (so that we get back for Sept) and to fit in with the weather patterns. The ride apparently can take 3-6 months depending on how much you cycle but most people that have done it do 100km a day with days on and days off.

I'm looking for a female partner around 18-20 to come along on this amazing trip, please PM or Email me (oli.haydon@gmail.com) if you're interested and want more info about me and the ride.

I'm also doing it in aid of the charity WaterAid, just to add further incentive.

Oli
x

Have you posted at www.crazyguyonabike.com? Many looking for touring companions there, check it out.

OP
OP
O

olihaydon

Thanks Xilios!!!

Also..I've updated the first post, I hope it's more to everyone's liking...pfft!

:-)

Top Bottom